updating RC firmware: blue light stuck on

Hi guys, just wanted to chip in with this, my boss updated and can no longer fly. I couldn't be arsed to update and I have no issues. DJI have always released good updates, but this one has been terrible and they are not resolving the issue. You can send your equipment to them and they will resolve the issue but they won't release the true fix!!! Happy flying if you can [emoji1]

Well dayum, I got the Advanced connected and working. Amazing how a little success makes hours of frustrating failure worthwhile.

I now realize that for the Advanced, (and presumably the Professional), there is no wi-fi connection that has to be linked manually. Duh! First time I've used any Phantom that didn't need to have that.

Whenever I figure out something that to me was fairly complicated, it is hard to remember and duplicate the steps. Here's what I did, to the best of my memory:

Connected the RC to my Android device via the USB/mini-USB cable.

Opened up DJI Go, turned on the RC, turned on the quad.

(Had to re-link the quad to the RC, but that was because I had reset the link earlier, and wouldn't have otherwise been necessary, or at least I don't think so.)

Finally saw the big friendly screen to register the quad with DJI. Yay! Getting somewhere! The software did not ask for serial number.

Had a big flashing "must update" message, accessed the recommended update, which was 1.1.30, I think. Took two tries for some reason.

Got message to calibrate IMU. Did that.

After some sleep, I'll see if I can duplicate the success with the Professional. Also will verify that the Advanced is performing well in the air.

Edit: well golly gee whiz whillikers. No sleep, kept trying to get the Professional to coordinate, which it wouldn't. Then I go to connect the Advanced and it won't.

The Standard, though, still works great. Went out and flew at 7:30 am to celebrate that fact. Very glad I didn't cancel my request for return authorizations. B and H is good folks, but the Phantom Adv and Pro ain't ready for my prime time. Yes, DJI might come out with a fix tomorrow, or they might just abandon the models, who knows? Happy Saturday all!

Last edited:
A total shot in the dark, but if you are down hard maybe think about it. Disclaimer - I have not tried this myself, but its from Tahoe_Ed who has a good amount of respect on this and the DJI forum.

How to solve RC upgrade problems for P3 A & B Tx - RC Groups

Issues on updating the remote controller and corresponding solutions

GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).
Than u for this.

A total shot in the dark, but if you are down hard maybe think about it. Disclaimer - I have not tried this myself, but its from Tahoe_Ed who has a good amount of respect on this and the DJI forum.

GL 300A:
Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Hi, I have the same problem with the latest upgrade yesterday. On aircraft update is success, but on RC - light cyan...
I have RC model GL 300A, but with USB nothing happened.
I tray as you recommend procedure for GL 300B... but after pressing 4 buttons and turning ON the RC... nothing happened also.
DJI GO APP message has: current version 1.5.70.... download version> 1.5.70 .... UPGRADE FAILED

WHAT NEXT TO DO?????

Hi, I have the same problem with the latest upgrade yesterday. On aircraft update is success, but on RC - light cyan...
I tray as you recommend procedure for GL 300B... but after pressing 4 buttons and turning ON the RC... nothing happened also.
DJI GO APP message has: current version 1.5.70.... download version> 1.5.70 .... UPGRADE FAILED

WHAT NEXT TO DO?????

I was able to solve it by updating the DJI Go app when a new version finally became available (currently running 2.4.2, 1.4.10 on the aircraft, and 1.5.70 on the RC) - are you up to date?

WHAT NEXT TO DO?????
A lot has changed with the RC update procedures since Tahoe_Ed made that post in August. I don't know if it even works at all anymore. You can however try again with this photo as a guide. I got the photo from another user.

Reset_P3_RC.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to solve it by updating the DJI Go app when a new version finally became available (currently running 2.4.2, 1.4.10 on the aircraft, and 1.5.70 on the RC) - are you up to date?

DJI GO App version 2.4.3

I DO IT....
I press C1 + C2 + REC + Photo buttons and Power ON.
GO app ask for upgrade and it was success.
Green light and connected with aircraft.
:))))

I DO IT....
I press C1 + C2 + REC + Photo buttons and Power ON.
GO app ask for upgrade and it was success.
Green light and connected with aircraft.
:))))
Excellent. I'm glad it worked for you. It's also good to know that it still does work. Cheers!

GL 300A:

GL300B:

Hello,

I have a GL300B RC, and I tried your process, the lights lit up as they should have, but still no connectivity between my RC and my iPhone 7 Plus. I have put in a different USB board, and still no connectivity or method to update the RC. Any ideas? Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl