Updating Problems / newbie here

Reaction score
I'm having problems updating my phantom controller.
I have tried everything. I was able to update my phantom just fine though.
I spoke with dji and he said everything is ok. When i want to fly my phantom it does not give me full signal strength just one red bar so that i can fly. Also i cannot even go into pilot mode. this is very frustrating. Can somebody help me please.

Updating the controller will do nothing for you.
Try rebinding your controller to the quad.
Make sure your antenna orientation is correct.
Make sure you aren't trying to fly in an area over saturated w/ wifi signals.
What is pilot mode?

its so weird it goes from safe to fly to not safe to fly every time i turn it on so confused.

Attachments

• IMG_1232.JPG
    IMG_1232.JPG
    781.2 KB · Views: 350
I recommend you spend a lot of time watching how to Phantom 3 videos on You Tube and the DJI website......sounds like you don't completely understand the technical operations of the system that you will need to know to be able to fly the Phantom without crashing.
It would be really great if you could find a local "tutor" to give you a hand until you learn the system and the basic flight commands of the Phantom.
It is a great flying platform when you get familiar with it, but it can be pure frustration if you don't understand the basics of the system because you will surely have crash issues if you don't.

You will be able to find a lot of answers here when you become familiar with the Phantom, but most of the basic information you wont understand until you know the basics.

Wish you luck and always feel free to ask -- some of these guys are real experts.;) I have learned a lot since I joined.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I had similar problems updating my controller. I just got my Phantom 3 Pro a few days ago. The firmware update went smoothly on the quadcopter, but the controller wouldn't update on mine either. I found out later that the latest Phantoms have the controller already updated from the factory, so their is no need to update it. I tried a number of times to update it, and it wouldn't even beep. I finally left it hooked up for about 30 minutes and when I went to check it, it was beeping. So I looked on the memory card and there was a text file that said that the version on the card was older or the same as the controller, so there was no need to update the firmware on the controller. I also read that on some controllers, you have to rebind them to the quad copter.

As far as losing signal, make sure you have everything off in the background on your phone or tablet. On my iPhone 6+, i had to turn off bluetooth and wifi. I also recommend to go out of the city, to a big flat field the first few times you fly, to make sure their is no interference from a bunch of wifi, cellular towers, bluetooth devices, trees, buildings, and power lines. Make sure the antennas are pointing up, vertical, not straight, horizontal.

thanks for the great advice guys, i figured it out my samsung tab was causing me issues tried my iphone see what happens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.