Updated in the wrong order. Now what.

Reaction score
Last week I updated the firmware but I did the drone first. Now I want to try to do it in the correct order. I have formatted the SD card and removed it. Drone is off. I connected the RC and started the app. If I check for update I get the message "No latest version detected". What do I do now.

Well I went ahead and refreshed the drone and repeated for each battery. Test flew without SD card. All went well. Inserted SD card, flew and it seems perfect. Will know better later today.

Does it matter what order the update is done? The DJI tutorial video shows the drone being updated first, then the RC.

It is best to do the RC first thru the app. Then do the drone after you reformat and then remove the SD card. This seems to be the best way.

There are threads where people say you need to do the drone first. I did the controller first and it worked. My problem was i had to go through 3 battery charges to have the drone update. Stuck at 13% then 50 something % then the third try it picked up at 89% and completed. Luckily it seemed to remember where it let off and it didnt brick by running out of batttery power.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj