updated Go app and P4, my experiences so far..

Reaction score
So I held off updating the Go app until the latest release that just became available, and saw that there was also an update for the Phantom so I did it too.

I did a flight at home, no apparent issues. Then I took a drive to do some pics of a real estate development a guy asked me to do if I had time. Drove out, set up my little leveling tray for takeoff, put the P4 on it and started up the Radio then the P4. The Go app says there is a firmware inconsistency, then the error goes away. Then while it's (P4) warming up it says critical low battery error and it's auto landing (I haven't taken off yet) with the VPS turned off. I wait a minute, after a bit the battery starts reading 99% like it should and it says ready to fly. I try to arm the motors and nothing happens. So I go turn off the P4, close the Go app and reboot the tablet (Samsung S2) and restart the app, then the P4. Looks good, I take off and do about a 1.6 km flight (max distance) and back, no issues.

Then I switch batteries for a fresh one. Get the firmware error again for a minute, then it goes away. Let the P4 warm up and get the same critical low battery errors again. Wait a minute, then battery shows up 99% again and ready to fly but motors won't arm. Cycle the power to the P4, wait till its ready again and am able to arm motors and take off, fly another battery till its about 40% with no issues.

Temp outside is right around freezing (0c), my garage where I keep the P4 and charger is about 10C temp (42f) today. However batteries & P4 were in my nice warm truck cab for about 1/2 hour en route, and I warmed up battery #2 good on the dash before I put it in.

Not sure what to make of these errors, I wouldn't think its temp related but this is probably the coldest day so far I've flown - so not sure.

Also I didn't check to see if the RC radio needed updating - but I never got prompted to update it either..

One thing that comes to my mind is that probably batteries FW was not updated and you were getting all inconsistent error messages.

There could be also initialization defects in DJI Go app.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ah, never thought of that - I'll see if it happens when I put them in again. I don't think it happened on the first flight at home, but then again I had the batter in the P4 when it did its upgrade so the battery was probably done at the same time. I've only had the batteries updated once I think since I've owned this, and I can't remember the exact sequence of events when that happened..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj