Updated firmware and now I get a Remote Controller Weak Signal message

RSC

Reaction score
Updated firmware and now I get a Remote Controller Weak Signal message and the controller won't connect to the drone. The red light stays on the controller. Is there a way to reset the controller to update the firmware again? Help please.

Last edited:
Updated firmware and now I get a Remote Controller Weak Signal message and the controller won't connect to the drone. The red light stays on the controller. Is there a way to reset the controller to update the firmware again? Help please.
Hopefully you have been monitoring the forum and understand the significant restrictions included with the new FW versions and how to deal with them.
If not, here are a few threads to browse through to go along with what Tyson noted above.

Background of the restrictions, release notes, how to videos:
RC issue after firmware update??

How to log out:
Cannot fly further than 50 m although limit is set to 250m

Hi All
I have exactly the same problem after the latest firmware upgrade, also a friend of mine is experiencing the same problem we have tried three different tablets and two different phones, they all do the same it just says a weak controller signal, this is all very annoying as they were perfect before the firmware upgrade I think it's about time that DJI got their act together

I should have added to my last post that as regards the controller it does control the phantom 3 with no problems, it is just the image problem that is not always showing on the tablet or phone.

So I was going to fly and the same happened. i tried to downgrade the firmware but i got this:
Screenshot_20170924-142301.png

I have had a very good response from DJI they were very quick to come back to me after I emailed them with the problem, I have gone through all the suggested checks and it seems that the controller is linking ok to the aircraft, but I think at the end of the day the Wi-Fi link between the controller and my Android phone is probably the problem, I think that they work better with an iPhone or iPad.

I...I think at the end of the day the Wi-Fi link between the controller and my Android phone is probably the problem, I think that they work better with an iPhone or iPad.
P3 Advanced and Pro's don't use the wifi on the phone at all, so it highly doubtful that switching to an iOS device is going to make any difference.

Does the controller light stay red when there isn't any phone or tablet plugged in? That would quickly eliminate the device being the issue, especially since having a phone or tablet attached is 100% optional to use the AC.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Just curious about something and not trying to start anything but why is it some people have so many issues with firmware updates and the majority out there has none? If you think about how many people own DJI drones and all you ever hear about on the forums is the horror stories. Well here is a different view. I have a Phantom 3 Advance with all updated F/W and updated DJI go app, and I have never had an issue. Can someone explain this to me??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1