Update!!

Reaction score
Once you complete the update on the bird, do you remove the bin file from the sd card or do you need to leave it on there so that all your batteries get an upgrade.?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Once you complete the update on the bird, do you remove the bin file from the sd card or do you need to leave it on there so that all your batteries get an upgrade.?

Always leave the bin file and check the txt file to be sure everything is normal. (Expect to see random dates in the txt file.) There is no battery update this time.

Reactions: cHris Rubeiz

Where is the info on the Update? :rolleyes:

There is no harm in leaving the bin file there as if the battery was not updated, it will. If you are sure, all is done, you can remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dounin Front
If you leave the bin file will it not try to update every time you turn it on

It checks the FW, and will not update as it finds the same FW already installed.

Latest is 1.10.90 which was released 3 days ago. Hope this is the last for P3

Reactions: Dounin Front
You're right I'm sure, but the instructions have always said to leave it. Isn't that so the P3 can compare and and report the firmware is identical?
Can you find any instructions that say this?
I just checked the DJI Firmware Update Instructions V1.4 and and can't find any mention there of keeping it.

Can you find any instructions that say this?
I just checked the DJI Firmware Update Instructions V1.4 and and can't find any mention there of keeping it.
I can't find any mention of saving the file on the SD now either.
Keep in mind I've had my P3A since they first shipped last year. Maybe I misinterpreted a message to keep the .bin file on the SD until my battery, or future batteries were updated. That .txt file must be stored elsewhere as well because it seems to come back in it's entirety when it's deleted from the SD.
Thanks for straightening me out - I don't usually make a claim without a backup doc.

It checks the FW, and will not update as it finds the same FW already installed.

Latest is 1.10.90 which was released 3 days ago. Hope this is the last for P3

Hi, i just received the message for the firmware update to v1.10.90 and i do the updates, however, its been 1 hour and my update is just beeping a long D and 2 shorts D's. Do you know if this will be finish soon? Sorry to post my question here.

I watched a tutorial put out by Drone Camp RC about the firmware update and they said to keep the bin file on the card in order to update your batteries as you use them.

Hi, i just received the message for the firmware update to v1.10.90 and i do the updates, however, its been 1 hour and my update is just beeping a long D and 2 shorts D's. Do you know if this will be finish soon? Sorry to post my question here.

It took 15 minutes for me to install check if the green led on the Gimbal is solid green then stop the aircraft and check the text file on SF card.

just beeping a long D and 2 shorts D's. Do you know if this will be finish soon? Sorry to post my question here.
That means the installation has been completed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31