Update or not?

Reaction score
Hi. I`m a fresh owner of Phantom 4 and after read about all this issues with last updates i`m little bit afraid about update which is shown on my pictures below..
Screenshot_20180119-234308.jpg Screenshot_20180119-235745.jpg

If you don't want to install the updates, then just ignore the update prompts.

FWIW, I install all Phantom updates after they are known to be stable. I've never run into any major problems.

I think it is a new BETA version of update but who knows how it works?

Hello roovair and congrats on your new toy. JMO, wait before updating and try flying. If all is well just wait awhile on update until it is proven "bug" free. I've been ignoring update prompts for some time because everything is working just fine for me. Enjoy!

..........and the story goes on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi. I`m a fresh owner of Phantom 4 and after read about all this issues with last updates i`m little bit afraid about update which is shown on my pictures below..
View attachment 93731 View attachment 93732
Um something funny going on
Screenshot_20180120-175847.jpg
when did this update arrive,here my new versions and it same as yours but not sure why you got firmware notification,,for the record I was one never to update (was a worrie)I had same alert for ages till I got locked,got sick of unlocking all the time so updated and all worked without a hitch,since update has it has behaved good

Last edited by a moderator:
I`m going to make this update today. What should i exacly do when update will be completed? Update via Go 4 or Assistant?

See... not so scary after all ;)

Hi, I am being prompt to update the firmware, but when I try ihat on DJI Assist 2 my only option is reset to factory settings. Not sure I want to do that, any thoughts?

The last update turned my P4 into a brick, and I’ve had no help whatsoever from DJI. DJI assistant 2 doesn’t work on windows 10 nor on windows 7 in my case for that matter so don’t bank on that either.

My 0.700 update works good now but still not tested in the air because of bad weather conditions in my location. As a new user of Phantom 4 i had both major problems with this drone - everything began with faulty battery (not charging, cannot turn it on.. - DJI sent a replacement for me today) then update nightmare.. I`m not the superfresh owner of Phantom - before P4 i bought P3S and it is still very good unit. Never had issues with this equipment and i was really surprised how great is was so i was surprised again with P4 and updates and it took me about one week to solve this case.. Based on a huge trust for DJI company i`ve made it by myself after read lot of articles about this common issues, So my final recommendations for the people with the same P4`s problems are quite simple - try to solve it by trying different combinations of updates and remember that P4 need a cable connection between RC and display device! (not like P3S via wifi).Use even and previous DJI GO app (choose P3A or P3Pro as and aircraft) to install different firmware versions. Summarizing: don`t give up, keep hope alive and more trust for DJI peoples! Have a nice evening everybody;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.