Update Battery

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting 1.1.9 back onto the memory card to update the new battery yet.

I tried to update my new battery with the 1.1.9 firmware but it did not need updating, must of had the latest firmware from the factory.

Yea the firmware updates the battery as well, drone camps on youtube suggested doing another firmware when we got our new battery's, so i was wondering how many were going to bother and if any of the 3 firmwares would have updated batterys or not yet.

I tried to update my new battery with the 1.1.9 firmware but it did not need updating, must of had the latest firmware from the factory.

Cool, i was wondering if the success report would say or not if it had updated the new batterys, im not sure even if the battery did update it would say in the success report tho.

I also tried to update the new battery with the 1.1.8 firmware just in case the update was there but again it said the usual "identical or older firmware already installed".

I also tried to update the new battery with the 1.1.8 firmware just in case the update was there but again it said the usual "identical or older firmware already installed".

Yea probably don't need to then, might do it anyway just in case.

No but this is why it's smart to just leave the upgrade bin on the sd card for the carft. Then IF the battery requires an update it will do it automatically.

No but this is why it's smart to just leave the upgrade bin on the sd card for the carft. Then IF the battery requires an update it will do it automatically.
If the bin file is left on the card and you do a reformat from the app, will it not erase the bin file and it would have to be transferred back to the SD card after a app reformat?

Thanks!

If the bin file is left on the card and you do a reformat from the app, will it not erase the bin file and it would have to be transferred back to the SD card after a app reformat?

Thanks!
Yes, if you reformat. I just erase the video and pictures when I transfer them to the computer so in that case the bin file would stay on the SD card.

Yes, if you reformat. I just erase the video and pictures when I transfer them to the computer so in that case the bin file would stay on the SD card.

Exactly what I do and suggest others to do.

Reactions: bobmyers
:)Thanks! will start doing that

Why do some keep the firmware on the sd card? Once all your batteries, tx and quad are updated there is no need to keep it on there, i just keep a copy on my pc.

Why do some keep the firmware on the sd card? Once all your batteries, tx and quad are updated there is no need to keep it on there, i just keep a copy on my pc.
Read blade strike information above-- he is a Support and Tester Rep for DJI-- If he says it is best to leave it on, then I think I would chose to leave it on.
Cheers!:)

Wow I use a separate Micro SD card for my FW updates. So no .bin file on the card I save video/pics too.
I do save the last .BIN on the that other Card though.

I was doing this also, but then I ran into "SD card full" and recording stopped. When I pulled the card it only had 3 videos on it, including the one I was shooting. I came the the conclusion that the deleting of the files is ok for the computer, but the P3 still sees that space on the card as occupied. Anyone else have this happen?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.