EWQpChPXQAMCf3w.jpg

EWVWibkWAAA64N2.jpg

EWVWibsWsAA3mD_.jpg

EWdc1Y0UEAAf9Br.jpg

EWbEiLLWoAAS9FG.jpg

EWhjK9nWAAITuHW.jpg

Reactions: Weston Ney
Reactions: MTO
It will interesting to learn what they did with the antennas in the remote. It appears they may have used the two metal rods to hold the phone, also used as antennas. If so, that means you can't fly while sitting in a folding lawn chair, with the remove held in my hand about 45 degrees from level, which is my favorite flying method. The antennas wouldn't be vertical, they would be more like 45 degrees, hindering flight range. This photo below implies you would have to fly with the phone vertical. It also implies there is no option to use a windsurfer on the antennas, because the antennas are way too close together. Or.... are the antennas actually in the top bracket of the phone clip? The top bracket is too big to not have something inside. It looks like that's where the actual two antennas must be located, making the vertical orientation of the antennas more natural when flying. If that's the case, it would be interesting to make a windsurfer for the antennas, combined with a clip extension for an iPad Mini. I can see the 3D printer guys designing it now.

That drone camera looks like the 1" sensor camera on the M2P. I can see it states 48mp on the front of the lens. I wonder if it's really 48mp photos, or are they doing pixel binning, like the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7? I have to assume it's a 1/2" sensor to meet their price point target, which I'm guessing is around $750-$850.

1587920183929.png

1587915774886.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MTO
Finally a Mavic that I could put my iPad on! (May need an adapter of course.) But I love the screen being mounted on the top. That's how it is when I fly phantoms and inspires, love this config better. Hopefully the mavic 3 pro does the same since I'm waiting out for that one.
My iPad Mini fits perfectly into the Mavic controller, no adapter needed. However having it on top is optimal, I agree.

Or.... are the antennas actually in the top bracket of the phone clip? The top bracket is too big to not have something inside.
That's where I'm thinking they are located. It makes more sense since they would likely be pointed toward the drone (most of the time).

EWlUhs5WkAEQwTN.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl