Unrecoverable failsafe RTH.

Reaction score
Unrecoverable fail-safe RTH.

I have search google in last 3 days about this and found nothing except some old posts in 2013's Phantom 1-2 ages and 1 post in P3p forum.

So, it happened to my P3standard 2 times while i performed some short footage making.

First, i flew it about 200meters distance and 80meters altitude in wide open area and suddenly the app shows black n white footage along with the famous red banner in the top middle of the screen saying signal lost. As always, i waited to RTH automatically kicked in and it did. But the different thing is i cannot gain signal anymore until the craft actually land on the home point and shut the motors by it self (by the fail-safe RTH, not by me). And i have to power cycled both of craft & controller to get connected again.

The second time on the next day, i took off from the small yard in front of my house (with some WiFi noises around). When it went about 150meters distance and 70meters altitude, the app start showing choppy footage and then said disconnected after a few meters further. I know the fail-safe RTH is gonna be activated soon so i waited it to get closer to me so i can regain the control and video signal. But unfortunately this "unrecoverable fail-safe RTH" happened again and i was so nervous since there are so many obstacles, trees, electric wires etc in this area. I tried so many thing based on what happened on the first place including turn-off and turn-on the controller, switching S1 back and forth many times in order to get connected as i read on some post, but stil no avail. The craft was descending in confidence by itself to the home point and then automatically stop the motors. Thanks God it landed on its home point accurately even without leting me to lead the way in order to avoid obstacles. And then i have to power cycled both craft + controller afterward to get ready again.

On the P3p forum regarding this case, some people confused about this fail-safe RTH vs normal smart RTH, and most of them gave suggestion to just cancel the RTH by push the cancel button on apps or push RTH button again on the controller. But they seem don't really understand what is actually this all about.

I guess nobody wants this happen to anyone, it is really annoying. Other than that, nobody want to loose battery charge and also wasting time without any result.

So, does anybody ever experience this kind behavior on your P3standard? And what i have to do when it happen again??
If it was because WiFi interference around me, but why it was going fine and i can regain control and video after fail-safe RTH on the next flight on the same location right away???

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English. . .

Reactions: SingLag
Hello,

I have no idea for you problem.. But me, when I lost controll, the drone just stay in the air and don't move.. It do not RTH automatically.. Last time I lost controll, I waited 15 minutes and the battery goes under 10%, then the drone went down slowly.. How do you do for automatical RTH ?

Hello,

I have no idea for you problem.. But me, when I lost controll, the drone just stay in the air and don't move.. It do not RTH automatically.. Last time I lost controll, I waited 15 minutes and the battery goes under 10%, then the drone went down slowly.. How do you do for automatical RTH ?

Hi @skimo1217,
that is because your drone still connected to the controller when you thought it was lost but it was not.
You only lost the video connection, not the control. It's because the 2 signal works on different frequency (2.4ghz for video and 5.8ghz for control) and when that happened, the 2.4ghz signal range was shorter than 5.8ghz, it depends on the circumstances arround you.

If it happened again, you still able to initiate Smart RTH manualy with the S2 switch back and forth 2 times rapidly, and you may cancel at anytime when you regain the video signal again.

Reactions: petermeter
Or your Go app is set to hold position instead of RTH when signal is lost. Good way to lose your bird.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: petermeter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers