UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

mauizoom said:
Hi Coffee,
I did two Ground Station missions with your latest mod. (10) and both times the timed photo mode ( take one picture every 3 seconds) stopped when the control signal was lost. Did anyone experience this too ?
That did not happen before, on version 9. I did not change the menu where it says "when connection breaks" , it is set at "stay idle" like I had it for the last versions of the app.
I really like the way you can plan the mission and put it into the app before powering up the phantom.
But if it doesn't take pictures after Tx signal loss, I might have to revert to version 9...

Hey Mauizoom.

Nothing to do with the app. The changes I make are very specific to certain parts and cannot interfere with other parts of the app. I can tell you that this has happened to me on several occasions (even the stock app) and it's very frustrating. It's as if the Phantom decides to stop taking photos, perhaps because it thinks it was instructed to, or some error, I'm not entirely sure why. But it's definitely annoying to get it back and realise it was never taking photos! Give it another go.

Good work! With this gas home point thing, does this mean we can put the points in at home before setting off? (Obviously you'll have a wrong home point for the flight but there is a way to reset this mudflat right?)

Any interest in the following:

- Set pause time at way points
- Set turn types at each way point
- Being able to manually adjust FAST/MED/SLOW speeds in Settings

If only the Phantom had a bigger payload capacity, I'd very easily be able to put a hook on it and send it to my friend's nearby restaurant for pick-up takeout....So I could see the benefit someday of having adjustable pause time (go down to 6 m altitude, wait 30 seconds, and then return home).....that's my dream. LOL. Maybe the Inspire 1's payload capacity will make that happen LOL.

pugnacious said:
Good work! With this gas home point thing, does this mean we can put the points in at home before setting off? (Obviously you'll have a wrong home point for the flight but there is a way to reset this mudflat right?)

That's correct. I actually ought to test it again to make sure Dynamic Home Point will update the home point regularly.

So there's a function in the code that goes like this translated to plain english:

"Did we get the home point already? If not, connect to the Phantom and get its latitude and longitude (assuming it has a GPS lock) and assign it to the home point"

I've changed that to:

"Did we get the home point already? If not, query Android to get its GPS or Network-based location and assign it to the home point"

Dynamic Home Point isn't referenced in there, it's in a completely different location, so I assume Dynamic Home Point should function as normally.

ilovecoffee said:

Just my opinion...
Can't think of a need for this at this time.
Sure!
Would be helpful. I keep forgetting to set this while in GS mode. Setting a preferred default would be nice.

Coffee -- Definitely interested in all of the suggestions you mentioned!

Thanks!

ilovecoffee said:

Yeah! Setting pause time (and maybe a turn to heading/relative position while pausing)
for the F/M/S setting, are you talking about a default for all legs of the flight plan or being able to set F/M/S for individual letgs?

You were talking about it before, but being able to fly a leg with the quad pointing a different direction would be awesome, but it sounds like it's more in depth than just picking a heading and uploading it with the rest of the waypoints.

Thanks for all your work man!

ilovecoffee said:

All three sound pretty cool, but whatever you come up with next I'm good with.

Hi ilovecoffee

Is there any way of adding the choice of using audible alarms to the app. For example, it would be nice if you could set it so a particular sound occurred if the number of satellites dropped below 6. I can imagine using different sounds for other events would also be useful.

cheers

Coffee,
This app is great. Thanks for all your work on this. Tested out the new version and all seems good.

I have yet to allow my Phantom 2 Vision+ fly out of range of the transmitter. Still a little nerve-racking for me to allow it to be totally autonomous. I have run a bunch of missions with GS and they work pretty good. But, sometimes my GPS sat count goes below 6 and the drone just flutters and starts to drift. I have to take control and bring the drone in. So, you can see why I have some concerns about doing a mission that is further than the transmitter signal.

What are others experience with flying their drones out further than transmitter signal?

shlepr said:
Coffee,
This app is great. Thanks for all your work on this. Tested out the new version and all seems good.

I have yet to allow my Phantom 2 Vision+ fly out of range of the transmitter. Still a little nerve-racking for me to allow it to be totally autonomous. I have run a bunch of missions with GS and they work pretty good. But, sometimes my GPS sat count goes below 6 and the drone just flutters and starts to drift. I have to take control and bring the drone in. So, you can see why I have some concerns about doing a mission that is further than the transmitter signal.

What are others experience with flying their drones out further than transmitter signal?
I did my first flight out of sight by accident the other day. I live in an urban area and wanted to go checkout a baseball field about a half mile away. I set the ground station point, chose a nice high altitude and hit go. The video started to get choppy so i flicked the RTH switch and nothing happened, it had gone out of range that quickly. I forgot i had set it on medium speed so it took a while for it to fly the rest of the mission and get back in range. A very nerve wracking 4 or 5 minutes haha. It came back just fine and all was good, but it was kinda scary to have that happen without preparing myself first.

shlepr said:
Coffee,

I have flown mine quite a few times out of range and it is a little nerve wracking every time you see that thousand dollars fly away hoping to see it come back. I think as long as you make sure and plan your height and your travel distance correctly you should be fine. Although, I do not ever have trouble with keeping satellite reception while flying. Here is one of my autonomous flights.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-_LV-KOZI

shlepr said:
Coffee,

Did you do aluminum foil mod?

Hello guys!
Thanks for the mods and general contribution to the Phantom community! I've installed the latest version of your modded vision app (v10) and when i swipe my finger for the ground station mode it automatically returns to the main menu. Although it worked fine for a couple of times it now seems that sth goes wrong. My device is Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) with latest kitkat 4.4.4. Is this a common bug? Thank you in advance!

shlepr said:
I have yet to allow my Phantom 2 Vision+ fly out of range of the transmitter. Still a little nerve-racking for me to allow it be totally autonomous. I have run a bunch of missions with GS and they work pretty good. But, sometimes my GPS sat count goes below 6 and the drone just flutters and starts to drift. I have to take control and bring the drone in. So, you can see why I have some concerns about doing a mission that is further than the transmitter signal.

I've flown many extended range autonomous missions and I have full confidence in GS; however, autonomous flight requires good satellite coverage. I would never initiate a GS flight without having at least 2 extra satellites (8). I always manually launch my ground station missions to get above the tree line and confirm the unobstructed satellite count with the camera running. If the count is at least 8, then I hit GO to initiate the mission.

If your satellite count varies greatly from the following site, then your phantom may have an issue. BTW, this is a good site to plan a GS flight during maximum satellite coverage periods.
http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com

Good luck.

Hi ilovecoffee i love your app and ive done some crazy missions with it. I have a question on something you might be able to help me with. I have 2 visjon plus's one is stock which is the one ive been using with your app. The second vision plus i have the dronexperts quickrelease installed on it and a zenmuse gimbal and a gopro 3 black edition. When i try to connect to the phantom it connects for a split second this disconnects and i try to connect over and over and it does the same thing but only with your app. I can connect to it using the stock app but id rather use your app and i was wondering if you have any clue why. I have a video that shows my problem. I would love to be able to use this app on thr gopro. For some reason it wont let me post the link of the video here but if you goto youtube and type in august noneya it should pull it up

soulmf said:
Hello guys!
Thanks for the mods and general contribution to the Phantom community! I've installed the latest version of your modded vision app (v10) and when i swipe my finger for the ground station mode it automatically returns to the main menu. Although it worked fine for a couple of times it now seems that sth goes wrong. My device is Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505) with latest kitkat 4.4.4. Is this a common bug? Thank you in advance!

Mine does this too sometimes. First you have to either be connected to your phantom with satellites and everything active or have your GPS turned on and working in your device. At least this works for me and I'm assuming it will be the same for you. If not you could always try to delete and redownload the app and try it again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT