UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

MapMaker53 said:
ilovecoffee said:
it's fairly easy to do permanently rather than always having to "flip a switch"

I must be getting old because I don't think I could run through those instructions on a pc, much less on a tablet. I guess this is how my mom felt when I tried to teach her how to program a VCR.

+1 I felt the same way as I read through all that stuff. Don't know where I lost touch with electronics but somewhere I must have.

Does your App work with 3.08 Firmware and P330CB 2.0.0?
Your App is awesome.

iosraphael said:
Does your App work with 3.08 Firmware and P330CB 2.0.0?
Your App is awesome.

Not entirely sure regarding the P330CB 2.0.... But as long as it supports the regular Vision app and ground station, then yes. This is just a modified version of the original app :D

Sorry, the P330CB is on 1.0.2.7. I have mixed it up with the battery firmware. Thanks for your replay.

Hey ILC.. Just curious.. Any progress on the camera facing feature? First post still says not working yet. I could use it coming up as I will need to film a mile-long island's shoreline for a project and it would be nice if the camera could be facing perpendicular to the shore as I circumvent it.

MapMaker53 said:
Hey ILC.. Just curious.. Any progress on the camera facing feature? First post still says not working yet. I could use it coming up as I will need to film a mile-long island's shoreline for a project and it would be nice if the camera could be facing perpendicular to the shore as I circumvent it.

It seemed to be a firmware limitation. But maybe the new update has changed things. If the weather is good tomorrow I'll give it a try.

I'm also closely monitoring this forum for any updates on the camera facing feature. Seems like other companies are leapfrogging DJI with features like follow me and circling a point of interest. My wish list would include autonomous flight in GS mode while retaining control over camera yaw and tilt for the perfect shots. Of course I'd have to be in wifi range, but at least I'd be able to concentrate more on shooting than on flying.
Thanks for your efforts... you've earned any and all donations received!

Well, on my wishlist would be the ability to set up a GS course ahead of time, maybe using a temporary home point pin, and save that to a file you could call up once in the field. The temporary home point pin would then switch (and shift location a bit) to a live home point once GPS is established. That would save time and battery - rather than rushing to establish the pins and adjusting heights while the bird is live.

MapMaker53 said:
Well, on my wishlist would be the ability to set up a GS course ahead of time, maybe using a temporary home point pin, and save that to a file you could call up once in the field. The temporary home point pin would then switch (and shift location a bit) to a live home point once GPS is established. That would save time and battery - rather than rushing to establish the pins and adjusting heights while the bird is live.

I agree 100% but I think this would be a tough one to do. I hate burning precious minutes off the battery as the quad sits there idling while I get my flight programmed up. Not to mention I'm afraid I'll rush and miss something!

Yeah.. I'm not suggesting ilovecoffee should (or even could) do that with his app. Just something the DJI should incorporate. I've seen that others have that feature.

I suspect the discharge rate is very low as long as you don't power up the motors. It would be nice to know what it really is though.

The thing I find that takes a beating is the dang phone battery what with all the GPS, wifi and other stuff running on it with the Vision app.

These power banks are great too for keeping phone, etc charged for a long time:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231249494074?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Cheers,
Jim
MapMaker53 said:
mmn said:
The thing I find that takes a beating is the dang phone battery what with all the GPS, wifi and other stuff running on it with the Vision app.

If you are using a phone, it might be helpful to have a charging case on it. My daughter uses one. [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/2200...w.ebay.com/itm/2200mAh-Externa ... 3cdfd185c9
[/url]

Just an update...

So I had some time to do some testing and no luck on having the Phantom fly facing a certain direction.

Basically every ground station mission has the following variables uploaded:
Index (i.e. the number of the way point)
Lat
Long
Height
Speed
Stay Time (pause at each way point) -> Globally set to 3, or 0 in my modification
Angle -> Globally set to 360
Turn Type (0 or 1) 0 = Stop and Turn, 1 = Bank and Turn
isSuccesful -> set to false, it will change to true when completing a a waypoint
Timeout (I guess this is how long it has until it gives up at a waypoint, it's set to -1 for some reason)

I've tried playing around with angle, as it makes the most sense. Setting it to 90, 180, 270 etc. Basically what will happen is that the Phantom appears to turn up to that degree at a waypoint. So it will turn UP to 90 degrees, realize it can't make it to the next waypoint if it can only turn 90 degrees, try the other direction, fail that attempt, and then go into some override mode where it will ignore the angle and proceed as originally planned facing straight towards the next way point.

I've also tried setting Turn Type to other values than 1 or 2, but that just seems to mess up everything and the Phantom decides it's reached the first way point shortly after take off....no matter if I put 2,3,4.

I'm guessing the firmware is the limiting factor as it can clearly override the angle and ultimately correct itself as a failsafe. Out of ideas.

Thanks for trying, ilovecoffee. Sounds like the drone firmware requires that the drone must fly forward to each waypoint. To do otherwise, it would have to switch sticks (channels?) to fly sideways to the next point. I guess that's a bit more complicated. Would be nice as a possible workaround if the gimbal structure itself could be turned 90 degrees and locked in before a GS flight if one wanted to video from the side.

Well I didn't try setting the angle to 450, if it works like 360+90 to turn sideways. There's a function called GetAngle which works specifically with the direction variable (front, back, left and right) but it's left mostly blank and doesn't get called anywhere else. Oddly it passes an integer, but the angle variable that gets uploaded is a floating point...

The ground station PC software uploads a lot more including "yaw" but it's an entirely different system.

Okay, well that was over my head... but I believe you. LOL. Thanks.

ilovecoffee said:
Well I didn't try setting the angle to 450, if it works like 360+90 to turn sideways. There's a function called GetAngle which works specifically with the direction variable (front, back, left and right) but it's left mostly blank and doesn't get called anywhere else. Oddly it passes an integer, but the angle variable that gets uploaded is a floating point...
Could you add to the firmware ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl