UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

So do I have to buy an android device just to use the software? iOS ever going to happen or too restrictive?
jl_coat

Hi Coffee,
Just updated to the latest version, great job !!!
Thank you !

Attachments

• 14129175854520.jpg
    14129175854520.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 637

SWEEEEEET!!!

Any chance we could get start/stop video/camera triggers at each way point? I think it would be cool if we could program a video/camera trigger at a given waypoint... i.e. waypoint 1 - take picture... waypoint 2 start video... waypoint 3 stop video... waypoint 4 take pic... This would be ideal for time lapse photos.. i.e. say i want to see the progress of an area under development. I send the phantom up on an identical mission every week to take the same shots at the exact same waypoints. I can then assemble the pics for a time lapse video of the progress over a given period of time.

what does that front back left right do? im guessing it flies the quad off axis? like.....turned to the left while on a mission?

cadsii said:
Coffee way point direction control is awesome !!!! Tomorrows wind is looking good, looking forward to flying together :)

Sorry, don't mean to ask stupid question but what exactly does way point direction control do? Doesn't aircraft already turn in the direction it's supposed to go to next way point?

I need to update the first post.

But basically, it controls the camera facing direction. So if you choose LEFT, it will travel with the camera pointed to the LEFT to the next waypoint. It will basically then travel sideways.

Hope this makes sense.

srandall25 said:
SWEEEEEET!!!

Any chance we could get start/stop video/camera triggers at each way point? I think it would be cool if we could program a video/camera trigger at a given waypoint... i.e. waypoint 1 - take picture... waypoint 2 start video... waypoint 3 stop video... waypoint 4 take pic... This would be ideal for time lapse photos.. i.e. say i want to see the progress of an area under development. I send the phantom up on an identical mission every week to take the same shots at the exact same waypoints. I can then assemble the pics for a time lapse video of the progress over a given period of time.

I agree, that would be sweet. I'd have to write a whole new function for that, not sure if I know what I'm doing though to get that done.

ilovecoffee said:
Haha I've updated the first post finally with a Donate button for PayPal. Will go towards coffee! :lol:

Donation sent thanks for the great app and added functionality of these quads.

brorex said:
ilovecoffee said:
Haha I've updated the first post finally with a Donate button for PayPal. Will go towards coffee! :lol:

Donation sent thanks for the great app and added functionality of these quads.

Received! Thanks brorex!

ilovecoffee said:

There. You should be able to get 2-3 espressos at Starbucks.

Tried out the latest version today, couldn't get the quad to turn using the directional waypoint option. It seems to be stuck in camera facing forward. Anyone else?

I'll give this new version a try over the weekend. v4 was worth the donation I sent already! Great work.

Same for me tried 5 waypoint mission each one with different camera direction and results were forward facing 100%.

I can confirm this looking at coffee's screen today during our flight ;(

Yeah sorry for getting everyone's hopes up! Let me check what's going on, hopefully I can fix it!

I was only able to test it out today with cadsii and it wasn't turning as directed.

Thanks MRSpyder2U and simple2010 and for the donations! And anyone else who has donated! Really appreciated!

Ok so my Phantom is on loan to my brother in law, so would anyone like to guinea pig test this to see if it works? I have no clue and I'm shooting at straws here, so only bother if you really have time to kill and want to see this work!

I have a feeling it won't work, but worth a shot. I've simply changed one value. When testing, make sure the waypoint is far enough away from obstacles and close enough to flick S1 to regain control if need be.

Basically DJI has actually already coded this into the app, but has left it disabled. Why? I don't know... I'm not a programmer but I enjoy reading this code because it's like a puzzle for me, so sorry for so many iterations and some with bugs-- but all in the spirit of modding and having fun, right?? :D :D

Edit: link removed. tested, doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic