UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

ilovecoffee said:
UgashikBob said:
Installed V6 on Samsung Tab 4 @ Android lvl 4.4.2. See mod message during activation of Ground station in settings but can not access ground station function from camera screen with usual swipe. Must be missing something obvious.

No clue. I do know on my device the swipe is pretty finicky...

abstacek said:
Hey. It would be possible to add storage or create a mission to save the mission without connecting the Phantom?

I think saving a mission is a little bit too complex for me. But it may be possible to create one before connecting. I'll put that on my to-do list to give it a shot, because it would be something that would be beneficial...maybe the home point can be assigned the location of the phone temporarily when plotting a mission and then updated once connected.
jwegener said:
cadsii said:
are you kidding me ? Where are you located ? We should have a beer :)

You guys should fly together. Set identical waypoints but launch 5 seconds apart. Then you'd get footage of the drone from directly behind it!!

Thought of that :p maybe next time. Maybe cadsii will upload a video of some of the close calls we had :p

Thank you. flight planning before turning on the Phantom would not facilitate flight planning from the comfort of home. I keep my fingers crossed that they succeeded. Excellent work.

Thanks everyone for the donations thus far. Really means a lot to see the support out there!

I think I've got a good handle on the direction control. Still some tweaking needed and testing, but of course it's raining today.

I did some testing before it rained and things looked positive.

Hi Coffee,
Here are some of my observations :
First : when I have the Ground Station part of the app open my screen times out and goes black on me.
I have the screen time out set to 30 seconds.
But when I have the camera part of the vision app open, my screen doesn't time out... Can you please keep the Ground Station screen from timing out ?

The second Observation involves batteries,

I started a short test flight with 4 waypoints within 200 yards and 100 ft altitude, but only 48% battery charge.
The app told me
with a screen : low battery, 48 % charge, you sure you want to fly, ?
I clicked "yes" and took off.
But at waypoint 2 the low battery alarm came on, (45% charge) and the aircraft started to auto descend.

I had early low battery auto descend under normal flying before, but only when I go to empty out half full batteries, and the auto descend only started around 30%.

This might be off topic here, but I thought I share.

Thanks for your effort,

Aloha

mauizoom said:
Hi Coffee,
Here are some of my observations :
First : when I have the Ground Station part of the app open my screen times out and goes black on me.
I have the screen time out set to 30 seconds.
But when I have the camera part of the vision app open, my screen doesn't time out... Can you please keep the Ground Station screen from timing out ?

The second Observation involves batteries,

I started a short test flight with 4 waypoints within 200 yards and 100 ft altitude, but only 48% battery charge.
The app told me
with a screen : low battery, 48 % charge, you sure you want to fly, ?
I clicked "yes" and took off.
But at waypoint 2 the low battery alarm came on, (45% charge) and the aircraft started to auto descend.

I had early low battery auto descend under normal flying before, but only when I go to empty out half full batteries, and the auto descend only started around 30%.

This might be off topic here, but I thought I share.

Thanks for your effort,

Aloha

The timeout thing is not a bad idea. I'll look into it. I've experienced that frustration before.

As for the auto descend, that might be something to do with your battery. There is no rule in the Ground Station for it to start auto descending at 45%. I'd check your battery condition in the assistant software. In fact I have flown it in a similar situation starting at 40% battery down to about 18% battery with no issue. And as far as regular control goes, I thought it auto descends at 15%.... Not 30%.

Hi
Enjoying this a lot.
I thought it might be useful for people to start posting their max stats on here to give people a feel for how far to push their waypoint distances. Obviously there are so many factors in what the max distance traveled could be but it would certainly give a feel.
I think we would need to include

DISTANCE:
WIND CONDITIONS:
SPEED SETTINGS:
APPROX NUMBER OF WAYPOINTS:
AGE OF BATTERIES IN TERMS OF NUMBERS OF RECHARGES:
PERCENTAGE BATTERY LEFT AT END:

So here is mine

DISTANCE: 3.1 miles
WIND CONDITIONS: minimum
SPEED SETTINGS: Max
APPROX NUMBER OF WAYPOINTS:9
AGE OF BATTERIES IN TERMS OF NUMBERS OF RECHARGES:approx 20
PERCENTAGE BATTERY LEFT AT END:55%

Sorry if people think this is a waste of time. Please add more if you think we should collect more info

A

I think that's a good idea! Videos are appreciated too! :D

DISTANCE: 4.2 miles
WIND CONDITIONS: minimum
SPEED: Max
NUMBER OF WAYPOINTS: 1
AGE OF BATTERIES IN TERMS OF NUMBERS OF RECHARGES: approx 20
PERCENTAGE BATTERY LEFT AT END: 49%

4.2 miles...nice! That's better part of 7 km on only half a battery. I'm slowly stretching my legs trying to get up the courage for a 4.5km round trip... but of course the weather has not co-operated at all lately. Oh, and +1 on the screen timeout if possible. That's super annoying.

Thanks so much for your continued hard work on this... it's vastly increased the enjoyment of my Phantom!

whilst on this topic, if i change the battery warnings in the phantom assistant down to 15% will that mean i can waypoint travel until the battery is 15%? i really don't want it setting itself down to early far away, when there is plenty of battery to get it home.

I guess what Im trying to ask is during waypoint flying is there a certain low battery level threshold that causes it to auto land, and can this be set to a much lower level to give more flying time?!

Thanks for looking into the screen time out issue.
Regarding to my auto descent I had yesterday, I agree, that was the battery acting up.
I have a p2v and a p2v+ and just updated the firmware of the p2v+ from 1.08 to 3.4. The battery was flown with 2 different firmwares, I think this is why I had the early auto descent.
Now the battery is fine, holding altitude until 15% .

DISTANCE: 6.2 miles
WIND CONDITIONS: 20mph
SPEED SETTINGS: fast avg about 33mph
APPROX NUMBER OF WAYPOINTS: 3 (above me, where I went, back home)
AGE OF BATTERIES IN TERMS OF NUMBERS OF RECHARGES: 40?
PERCENTAGE BATTERY LEFT AT END: 29%, but wasted 10% planning.

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-77147/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_x24JX9i-M[/youtube]

thats impressive. i reckon we could be getting 7miles+ out of these. these posts are already giving me worrying amounts of confidence ;o)

As an aside, I seem to have been able to successfully change the method of turning so that it does a bank and turn instead of stop and turn. So it goes through way points much quicker. I won't bother releasing that small change unless someone really wants it. As for now I'll keep plugging away at the Direction function...it only gets more complicated.

Edit: 200th post. :mrgreen:

pugnacious said:
thats impressive. i reckon we could be getting 7miles+ out of these. these posts are already giving me worrying amounts of confidence ;o)
I am willing to bet I could do over 8 miles.. but I am chicken on that return flight.. the last thing I want is for it to autoland in the water or in trees as I'm just able to regain connection to manually control it, lol
I need to find an open area where it could safely autoland anywhere in that last 1-2 mile leg..

ilovecoffee said:
As an aside, I seem to have been able to successfully change the method of turning so that it does a bank and turn instead of stop and turn.

Keep it up Coffee! Your effort on this has certainly opened up a new world of flying with these machines!!

I vote that you post each apk up top.. note the difference and version#.. and whether or not it is generally regarded as stable?

ilovecoffee said:
As an aside, I seem to have been able to successfully change the method of turning so that it does a bank and turn instead of stop and turn. So it goes through way points much quicker. I won't bother releasing that small change unless someone really wants it. As for now I'll keep plugging away at the Direction function...it only gets more complicated.

That would be great, to have it do banking turns at the waypoints !!!
Can you please add this with your next update ?
Thanks !

Does banking turns mean it will swing into a direction a bit like a plane flies? Would certainly give a smoother nicer video. Would have to be careful in the plotting though re obstacles

Coffee or anyone else, which Android phones and tablets are 100% compatible with the Unofficial Unlimited Ground Station app? I currently have the new iPhone 6 plus, however, it looks like this app will not be coming to the iPhone so I thought I might buy a used or new Android phone so I can participate in the fun of long distance GS navigation. I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks!

I've used it successfully with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4, as well as a Nexus tablet. All running Android 4.4.x.

Quick question? With this GS you will only have video transmission and gimbal/control for as long as your wifi will work? So if you fly 2-3 miles out and you dont have upgraded antennas you are not going to have camera control? right?

If you have a stage 4 fpvlr antenna setup then you will have control as long as you have fpv?
Thanks in advance,
JL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik