UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Beauty ! Seriously let's go fly somewhere sometime :) I have no one around here who appreciates the hobby.

So now I can move points around past 500m ?

Even if u programmed like a trip for the yaw it would be awesome. So I could set it at a constant +/- 1-10% for a bit to get the shots it would be awesome.

cadsii said:
shadowband said:
This mod is exactly what I've been looking for to conduct a 3 mile round trip flight. All my gear is Mac based, but I'll pick up an android device tomorrow just to get this mod. Any recommendations for an android tablet to be used exclusively for extended distance ground station flights?

Coffee - thank you for this mod!

thanks to this mod I am now a proud owner of the Android Acer 810, this thing is pretty slick, picked it up for 119 this morning just for this app :) my wife says thanks coffee :p

By84fRiCUAAViZa.jpg

also the app on the Android Tablet vs iOS app is 10 times better. Stupid iOS should have a native app for the **** iPad, i shouldnt have to use the iPhone app in double resolution, cause that sucks....

check out how much more i see on the android device

By_HB-XIYAALTue.jpg:large

All you have to do is click on the "2X" in the lower right hand corner of your iPad screen and you get full screen for the Vision app.

Lol I am all iOS :) I actually own/run http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com so I'm all about jailbreaking + iOS

It's is the first tablet I bought that's android and I'm very pleased. The quality is there, screen is bright and crisp just like apple, but at a quarter of the price. Just as fast I think. I really don't know how they make money on these at $119 a piece.

After I shattered my iPhone 5S screen a month ago while flying I paid 279 plus tax for a replacement, this is a better solution,bigger screen + less then half the price of the screen.

Guys I love this app but am have a few questions

1. How do i make a missions first move straight up to a desired height instead of gaining altitude to the first waypoint?

2. What happens if it looses WiFi connection while on a mission?

3. What happens if it looses main control while on a mission? (I notice that some of you have flown quite far with this app)

4. This does not apply to the app but to my copter. For quite sometime now my phantom just does not fly straight anymore. It was really bad coming back from a mission. Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this I changed out a bad motor and cannot remember if that is when it started or not, I don't think so. I have calibrated compass, IMU calibrated (how important is it for the phantom to be completely level when doing a IMU callibration?)

I think that's all the questions thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer.

brorex said:
1. How do i make a missions first move straight up to a desired height instead of gaining altitude to the first waypoint?
Most people put a waypoint directly next to them at the desired height. You lose a waypoint if you're going for 10, but currently that's the only way.
brorex said:
I'm assuming ilc hasn't altered this (if it's even possible). The Phantom continues its mission.
brorex said:
3. What happens if it looses main control while on a mission? (I notice that some of you have flown quite far with this app)
I think the same thing? But someone with more experience will correct me if needed.

cadsii said:
Lol I am all iOS :) I actually own/run http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com so I'm all about jailbreaking + iOS

It's is the first tablet I bought that's android and I'm very pleased. The quality is there, screen is bright and crisp just like apple, but at a quarter of the price. Just as fast I think. I really don't know how they make money on these at $119 a piece.

After I shattered my iPhone 5S screen a month ago while flying I paid 279 plus tax for a replacement, this is a better solution,bigger screen + less then half the price of the screen.

Check your PM!

pb7424 said:
All you have to do is click on the "2X" in the lower right hand corner of your iPad screen and you get full screen for the Vision app.

I was able to get full screen on the iPad mini but the resolution was still kind of lacking I thought. I'm kind of hoping for an iPod touch that's like the iPhone 6 plus that would be the perfect size for this I think

1. First point should be right at launch point so it raises right away and not on the way to the first point

2 & 3 GPS route runs don't matter if u turn off controller and wifi for video

4. No idea

shadowband said:

you know that just doubles everything right ? it does not increase the resolution, aka clarity, it just makes everything twice as big, so it looks like ****, why hasn't DJI released an iPad version of this App ? They are making millions on these drones....

I wrote that comment, not shadowband. I really like flying using my iPad on a tripod and I feel the displayed video is just great.

don't get me wrong it's def works well, just not as good as the android version.

I use my iPad 2 all the time :)

drone1.png

drone2.png

I have an iPad 4 with the retina display. Maybe that makes things clearer? Anyway, I agree that they should make a specific version for the iPad. It can only get better.

brorex said:
Guys I love this app but am have a few questions

4. This does not apply to the app but to my copter. For quite sometime now my phantom just does not fly straight anymore. It was really bad coming back from a mission. Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this I changed out a bad motor and cannot remember if that is when it started or not, I don't think so. I have calibrated compass, IMU calibrated (how important is it for the phantom to be completely level when doing a IMU callibration?)

I think that's all the questions thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer.

regarding 4. - make sure you are on the latest firmware (3.06?), which fixes the magnetic declination error

Ok I just finished some test.
Mission: 1 waypoint 2.5 Km each total of 5 Km / 3.10 Miles.
No wind.
Total Time ~ 7 Min.
Battery: 57%
Based on type: 3.1 x 60 / 15 = 12.5 Minutes.
So what is wrong here? The phantom can travel faster than 15? As coffee told me?

Hi Mr Coffee. I know this is becoming one huge wishlist from hopeful people. What you have done so far is great.
Here is my item....

It would be nice to be able to save and load waypoints. I think its tedious the way you have to be at the starting position, with phantom switched on, battery draining before you can enter the points. It'd be nice to be able to preplan at home, and load it up ready so that when you arrive to where you are flying, you could get on and do it quickly. This would be very useful for the the kind of missions I do

Thanks again.

platonas1 said:
No wind.
Total Time ~ 7 Min.
So what is wrong here? The phantom can travel faster than 15? As coffee told me?

No I never said the Phantom can travel faster than 15 m/s. I said 15 m/s is the maximum speed by the firmware but I've allowed it to accept up to 20 m/s in case wind is pushing it from behind. This is why 20 m/s is written because it's the top allowed speed (even if there is very strong wind I believe the Phantom will attempt to not go over 20 m/s). In the next update I will just have it say 15 m/s because no one is paying attention to what I write and/or it is still confusing for some.

pugnacious said:
Hi Mr Coffee. I know this is becoming one huge wishlist from hopeful people. What you have done so far is great.
Here is my item....

It would be nice to be able to save and load waypoints. I think its tedious the way you have to be at the starting position, with phantom switched on, battery draining before you can enter the points. It'd be nice to be able to preplan at home, and load it up ready so that when you arrive to where you are flying, you could get on and do it quickly. This would be very useful for the the kind of missions I do

Thanks again.

I agree. I also hate this. It may be possible. Will put on the future to do list lol.

ilovecoffee said:
platonas1 said:
No wind.
Total Time ~ 7 Min.

No I never said the Phantom can travel faster than 15 m/s. I said 15 m/s is the maximum speed by the firmware but I've allowed it to accept up to 20 m/s in case wind is pushing it from behind. This is why 20 m/s is written because it's the top allowed speed (even if there is very strong wind I believe the Phantom will attempt to not go over 20 m/s). In the next update I will just have it say 15 m/s because no one is paying attention to what I write and/or it is still confusing for some.

So how you explain 3.1 miles in 7 minutes with no wind?

platonas1 said:
ilovecoffee said:
platonas1 said:
No wind.
Total Time ~ 7 Min.

So how you explain 3.1 miles in 7 minutes with no wind?

Your math is wrong. You're mixing miles per hour and metres per second :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor