UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

cadsii said:
Hey coffee can u add the 2 commands from the booster app and save people $9 to boost their wifi range ?

+1

cadsii said:
Hey coffee can u add the 2 commands from the booster app and save people $9 to boost their wifi range ?

I could, I briefly took a look! It's on my to do list.

But you can just permanently make the changes by SSHing in and editing a file. Pretty simple!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23224&p=213280&hilit=19881209#p213280

brorex said:
ilovecoffee said:
I've made some great headway. I've gotten rid of the moving waypoint bug and got some good back end knowledge to implement new features! Will update in the next couple days.

You should throw up a donation link. The guys over at XDA get donations for software development all the time. I'd buy you a beer for your hard work

I would donate. Coffee is doing great work.

I would donate. Coffee is doing great work.

+1

Sure, not sure if anyone has bitcoin to spare! LOL. Here's my wallet address 1PfHyuvyP54361H9rpv2WQr4Mx1tsDoSUg

I'm hoping to have fixed the 7th channel lever control will test shortly.

ilovecoffee said:
Sure, not sure if anyone has bitcoin to spare! LOL. Here's my wallet address 1PfHyuvyP54361H9rpv2WQr4Mx1tsDoSUg

I'm hoping to have fixed the 7th channel lever control will test shortly.

I haven't even used the UNOFFICIAL app, yet, but would love to donate in appreciation of the work you are doing. Do you have a PayPal account? :D

App works great! I do have one question though, and if there is already info on this direct me. Yesterday I did a test flight around my property. After I hit Go, I turned on video to let it run on my P2V+. When Phantom Connection Broke with wifi, I noticed my video buttons grayed out and didn't realize the video although running would stop if connection broke, I assumed video would continue running and I just wouldn't have control obviously. I then realized after I landed, none of the video was retained on SD card up to losing connection which surprised me. I guess my question is, if you start recording and loose signal, all video is lost? Is there any way around this?

You can adjust how the camera responds in the Vision app settings menu (When connection breaks)

wharfbanger said:
cadsii said:

+1

Can you make those commands a toggleable check box as well. In case we are using a booster or logger app that does that and want to continue to do so.

-Scott

Can you make it so the video fills the whole screen on larger displays like 7" and 10" tablets? On my Nexus 7 and Asus 10", the video only takes up 3/4" of the screen.
Lots of un-used real estate in the black areas.

Screenshot_2014-10-06-15-45-27.jpg

This is how you burn up your gimbal ...

pb7424 said:
You can adjust how the camera responds in the Vision app settings menu (When connection breaks)

Never noticed that thanks. "Stop Recording" was unchecked. Is "Start Recording" for video and "Start Continuous Capture" for random stills?

tedw123 said:
pb7424 said:

Never noticed that thanks. "Stop Recording" was unchecked. Is "Start Recording" for video and "Start Continuous Capture" for random stills?

Not really sure but that sounds logical to me ;)

sbarton said:
Can you make it so the video fills the whole screen on larger displays like 7" and 10" tablets? On my Nexus 7 and Asus 10", the video only takes up 3/4" of the screen.
Lots of un-used real estate in the black areas.

Screenshot_2014-10-06-15-45-27.jpg

Are you rooted on your Nexus?

See this thread to adjust screen sizing... http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25374

Unable to get the 7th channel working. Not sure where in the code it breaks the ability to control it. I'm certain it is possible, but there are a few things I want to get done and I don't have a lever so testing it out is a PITA (I had to take my Tx apart because I don't have a thin enough screw driver).

As an aside....For someone who is smarter than me, please explain this math to me? The app quite often does this when storing a Lat/Long point

Latitude = 3.141592653589793 * Latitude / 180
Longitude = 3.141592653589793 * Longitude / 180

Why would they multiply latitude by pie and divide by 180? Is this to establish a "point"? Like an actual circle it must be within? (Just wondering if I'm looking in the right place to think about how to alter the accuracy needed at each waypoint to make it easier going).

Did a GS flight yesterday. Had to abort cause when it got near the first way point it kept moving around to try to find it. It was pretty windy. After about 30 seconds of it moving around a lot near the first way point, I aborted the mission and brought it back as it was starting to drift out of sight. I think making the way points circle bigger would definitely help. Thanks for the awesome work!

-Scott

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl