UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Please always specify the selected speed when reporting your "numbers". Speed makes the difference, of course.

Amazing work!!!

Any chance a custom version with 1 minor change :p
Would like the stock version to report altitude in feet, but speed in metres/s ... If I select not the metric, the other one... its in feet/mph... and if I select metric its metres and metres/s

kind of stupid.. but if you get bored would very much appreciate it :p

If you actually want to make it, perhaps a 3rd version of the settings.. or just chuck it in the "metric" one..

Can even make a donation in bitcoins to you if you like :)

Great job on this App. Flew 1100m today (one way) into a strong wind (20-25mph). I used the fast setting and it managed about 5m/s into the wind. Much faster on the way home.:cool:

Jayson Hanes said:
lol Jstic! welcome to the club :)

Cadsii, flight time depends on so many things.. headwinds and battery efficiency/age are probably the main ones.. I don't think anyone has posted about what happens when the battery goes under 30% or 15% while doing a mission yet.. I've not flown longer than 4 miles worth either, and that particular battery I was using was at 47% by that time.. (it started the mission at 92% though).. after 10 minutes of flying.. waypoints also will reduce your distance as even with the modified app, more than 30 seconds is lost due to deceleration and acceleration between points.

I'm an experienced java programmer and I used to code android apps full time, but it has been a few years.. so I've just re-installed the android sdk etc now and I'll see what I can do to help!

Great ! Thanks for the tests and numbers I will be doing more today once the rain goes away

Jayson Hanes said:
lol Jstic! welcome to the club :)

Cadsii, flight time depends on so many things.. headwinds and battery efficiency/age are probably the main ones.. I don't think anyone has posted about what happens when the battery goes under 30% or 15% while doing a mission yet.. I've not flown longer than 4 miles worth either, and that particular battery I was using was at 47% by that time.. (it started the mission at 92% though).. after 10 minutes of flying.. waypoints also will reduce your distance as even with the modified app, more than 30 seconds is lost due to deceleration and acceleration between points.

I'm an experienced java programmer and I used to code android apps full time, but it has been a few years.. so I've just re-installed the android sdk etc now and I'll see what I can do to help!

Hehe, I saw your close call too, it was even better. I'll bet we won't make that mistake again. :oops:

Great stuff - game changing stuff, keep up the good work

Thanks Coffee for all your effort.
Could you implement a way to be able to pan (yaw) while on a way point mission?
I know that the first Vision app had the feature where you could not only tilt the camera using the accelerometer of the cell phone, but you were also able to yaw the Vision by turning the phone.
That would provide a lot more freedom to framing photos and videos.

Coffee, the full ground station has fight route templates, like star, triangle....etc Can they be imported into your version?

ilovecoffee said:
I've made some great headway. I've gotten rid of the moving waypoint bug and got some good back end knowledge to implement new features! Will update in the next couple days.

You should throw up a donation link. The guys over at XDA get donations for software development all the time. I'd buy you a beer for your hard work

brorex said:
ilovecoffee said:
I've made some great headway. I've gotten rid of the moving waypoint bug and got some good back end knowledge to implement new features! Will update in the next couple days.

You should throw up a donation link. The guys over at XDA get donations for software development all the time. I'd buy you a beer for your hard work

I'd donate!

wanted to thank you for this, if you have a paypal i'll be happy to hit it with some $$$$

works well, this made me take a renewed interest in flying my phantoms.....

Tip: Login with username: dji and password: 1234 if you want to not bother signing into a useless account. This is bypass test account put in by DJI.

It doesn't help your passwords are transmitted and saved via plain text via the app so I hope you guys aren't using the same password for everything...

mauizoom said:
Thanks Coffee for all your effort.
Could you implement a way to be able to pan (yaw) while on a way point mission?
I know that the first Vision app had the feature where you could not only tilt the camera using the accelerometer of the cell phone, but you were also able to yaw the Vision by turning the phone.
That would provide a lot more freedom to framing photos and videos.

Wait, can this be explained further? Are you suggesting in the older versions you could tilt it side to side and the gyroscope would tilt the camera slightly side to side? I didn't know that existed. AFAIK yaw only referred to moving the camera up and down.

whoss said:
Coffee, the full ground station has fight route templates, like star, triangle....etc Can they be imported into your version?

Not likely unfortunately, at least not by me. I imagine there is some point to the additional hardware required by the full ground station.

Sketch6995 said:
wanted to thank you for this, if you have a paypal i'll be happy to hit it with some $$$$

works well, this made me take a renewed interest in flying my phantoms.....

Thanks everyone. If I get can get the panning shots and menu items working properly, maybe I'll ask for some Starbucks moola. Or put it towards the replacement battery fund lol.

Currently working on:

- Panning shots/Controlling Angles at Waypoints
- Enabling/Disabling Pause Times at Waypoints (with the possibility of defining the length in seconds)
- Allowing more speed options (such as 2/4/6/8/10/12/15 m/s)

Possibilities:

- Displaying current voltage and other battery stats in real time
- Getting rid of fpv blackout when taking a picture (may be a hardware limitation)
- Taking photos while recording video (may be a hardware limitation, but could be a limitation to prevent write errors on slower cards, so it may be possible on faster UHS-1 cards)
- Similar to above, getting rid of significant delay when taking RAW/DNG images.

It would be great if you get rid of the black out when taking photos.
To clarify my previous post, it was possible with the old vision app to yaw the aircraft using the gyroscope feature of the phone app.
Here is a screen capture of the old manual :

Attachments

• Capture-1.jpg
    Capture-1.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 380

I'm in for a donation to coffee, least we can do.

ilovecoffee said:
Taking photos while recording video (may be a hardware limitation, but could be a limitation to prevent write errors on slower cards, so it may be possible on faster UHS-1 cards).

This would be fantastic

Yawing simply means left stick right or left which rotates the phantom on a center axis. The camera can pitch up and down via the app, while the phantom can yaw left or right thereby turning the camera left or right. It would be nice if we could YAW the phantom with the left stick while it continues on a locked course during a mission. In other words, the phantom would only respond to the yaw command during the mission and not a mistaken throttle up or down command with the left stick...

Feature Request...

I always thought it would be cool to send the phantom up to a pre-programmed GPS coordinate and set altitude along with set compass direction. Why you ask? What if I wanted to take time lapsed photos of a specific point of interest from the same location in the sky over weeks or even months... then sequence the shots in a video series showing the change over time. The ultimate feature, press one button, it flies to the preprogrammed GPS/altitude/compass location in the sky, takes X number of photos, then flies back home. :) Now I'm really dreaming! lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164