UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

platonas1 said:
hello all,
Just a question please,
Why the total distance of mission is in red in GS near above 5.000 m?

Also is it possible 5 miles / 8 Km mission in straight line? 4 km + 4 Km ?
5*60 / 20 = 15min is that math correct?

You should read the first post :shock:

The speed is NOT 20m/s. It is the speed LIMIT. Your Phantom will only be able to travel 15m/s in a windless environment.

Do not attempt to go right up to 15 minutes unless you have no problem losing your Phantom. Also read the first post, the total distance becomes red because that's what the original app does when you go over the allowed distance...but it has no effect otherwise.

With that being said I have taken mine about 3.5km each way, returning with 6 minutes battery life.

Just used this app. Worked great! Looks like the notification that this is the modified app only appears the first time you use the app. Can you have it appear each time its started?

I did notice that once it would get to a way point, it would turn as if to go to the next way point, then turn around again, wait a bit, then turn around and go to the way point. It did this mostly when the weigh points where almost 180* (ie, it had to turn 180* around to get to next way point).

-Scott

Scott.. that behavior has nothing to do with the app.. it's all in how the drone's algorithms poke about with the telemetry to determine it's position etc.. ie. I've seen that often on the stock app since it was released (it doesn't do it all the time.. but sometimes I've had flights where it did it 2x in a row, and others, none at all)

I had an interesting experience yesterday with a waypoint flight. Second waypoint was 3000+ feet out, and it had to make a 170 degree turn to get to the next waypoint. Good weather day, but occasional gusts of wind up to about 20-25 mph. Once it got to the seconds waypoint, it literally just stayed in place for a minute and 45 seconds(timed it on the video after the flight as I had lost LOS and FPV at that point). Didn't try to turn and it barely moved out of position. Finally, it made the turn, then turned back as mentioned above in Steve's post, then finally made the turn and proceeded.

Only thing I can attribute this to is the excessive wind. I usually don't fly when it's windy. I was wondering if others have seen this before. I know it has nothing to do with the modified app.

Jstic said:
I had an interesting experience yesterday with a waypoint flight. Second waypoint was 3000+ feet out, and it had to make a 170 degree turn to get to the next waypoint. Good weather day, but occasional gusts of wind up to about 20-25 mph. Once it got to the seconds waypoint, it literally just stayed in place for a minute and 45 seconds(timed it on the video after the flight as I had lost LOS and FPV at that point). Didn't try to turn and it barely moved out of position. Finally, it made the turn, then turned back as mentioned above in Steve's post, then finally made the turn and proceeded.

Only thing I can attribute this to is the excessive wind. I usually don't fly when it's windy. I was wondering if others have seen this before. I know it has nothing to do with the modified app.

Wow interesting. Never seen that before.

Guarantee it has something to do with it being windy, but also could be some kind of drop in GPS signal and perhaps it was waiting again to reacquire? How many sats were you at generally when you flew?

It seems to be very picky with its way point accuracy (but probably for good reason if you are flying a delicate line), so it doesn't seem to give up until it reaches that very precise point....

maybe it lost GPS during that time? If I were a drone, I'd sit and wait too, lol.. I don't think it's a wind issue.. I've flown autonomously in 25 mph+ winds without any weirdness (the phantom just sounds scary as it fights wind..)

btw, I wanted to add to my last post, that the APP ONLY UPLOADS THE MISSION waypoints, altitude, max speed, to the phantom.. it has no control over how the phantom decides to actually fly the mission.

Don't think it had anything to do with GPS, I had 13 satellites right up to the point I lost FPV, which was only a couple hundred feet from the waypoint where it was delayed. In retrospect, I'm glad I lost FPV as it probably saved me from a couple minutes of EXTREME anxiety.

Jstic said:
Don't think it had anything to do with GPS, I had 13 satellites right up to the point I lost FPV, which was only a couple hundred feet from the waypoint where it was delayed. In retrospect, I'm glad I lost FPV as it probably saved me from a couple minutes of EXTREME anxiety.

I think it is GPS related, not a problem with the GPS as such, I think I read in another post that it is down to the drone looking to put itself where it should be according to the GPS coordinates set in the way point. if it is a gusty wind and the drone is getting bashed about? it is going to struggle to put itself where it needs to be for long enough for it to tell itself it is actually where it should be.

ooooomg... I have a video to edit and upload... wow.. not a record breaker, but wow, I cannot believe I got so lucky on tonights flight. Jaws will drop, and epic might be a word used. While reviewing the video, I nearly shipped my pants. Not twice.. not 3 times.. but 4 different times... all within a 9 minute, 3.7 mile flight.

ilovecoffee said:
It seems to be very picky with its way point accuracy (but probably for good reason if you are flying a delicate line), so it doesn't seem to give up until it reaches that very precise point....
I think this is the issue I saw as well. Is there a way to make it such that it doesn't have to hit the exact way point location, but get within a few feet of it. It seems to wait until it hits the exact location to the inch, and will maneuver around that location until it hits it. Really, if it gets within a 2' radius of the way point, it shoud count as hitting it and move to the next instead of hovering around trying to hit it exactly.

-Scott

Ok so tonight I did a nearly 4 mile flight that took the phantom over 1.6 miles away, but I managed to get VERY CLOSE to a bunch of stuff multiples times, and all totally unintentionally!.. if not for this modified app, Coffee, this kind of reckless fun wouldn't be possible! LOL!

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... anes-74303 which shows an max speed of 35mph (I was on fast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYItnMelP0w

I was watching the flytrex website live.. and a few times I got nervous... I screamed at the realization that I forgot that there was a water tower near where I was flying (let alone, several taller cellular towers)... and wtf how did I forget altitude above sea level?? Never again will I fly lower than 100 feet on auto pilot, lmao

And during my last flight, although I edited most of it out, the drone definitely had to think about it's position at each waypoint (that whole left, right, left right.. go).. it was windy at over 20mph on the ground, so it had to have been much higher at over 100 feet up.. totally normal IMO.

Wow, super lucky. You were really close a number of times. Threading the needle. Looks like you have lots of great flights. Maybe only one more of these type flights though...

yeah man, and all entirely unintentionally and I had no idea at all until reviewing the video.. @lsteigerwalt, I went to bed after I posted this, and the youtube video edit was still processing, sorry about that.. it sometimes takes an hour or more..

Dude, I'm LMAO over here.... :lol:

You need to go buy a lottery ticket.... :mrgreen:

mede8er said:
Dude, I'm LMAO over here.... :lol:

You need to go buy a lottery ticket.... :mrgreen:

Seriously, you need to start a PhantomPilots Power Ball pool and buy the tickets. We will all be rich! That is some serious luck!

Classic!! I'll bet a couple of those trees are now a few inches shorter after you buzzed the top. I've had a couple close calls with ilovecoffee's app too, but no where near that close.

Jayson Hanes said:
yeah man, and all entirely unintentionally and I had no idea at all until reviewing the video.. @lsteigerwalt, I went to bed after I posted this, and the youtube video edit was still processing, sorry about that.. it sometimes takes an hour or more..

lmao probably better you didn't see that live. What luck! Looks like your area is relatively flat though... I can't imagine sea level altitude changing much. Those must be some tall trees then!

I always check on Google Earth if doing a long distance flight to make sure that the sea level elevation doesn't change drastically.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel