Uninstall HDMI module P3P, replace with original

Reaction score
Hi All,
So Id like to remove the HDMI module and put the original module back in the P3P. im getting no connect to the GO app.
I removed the HDMI and put the orig back in, connect ipad air to RC, boot RC, launch Go app.
GO app does not connect to RC. As if you ran the Go app without connectng to RC with USB cable.
Latest firm/app versions.

Any thots?
thanks!

Hi All,
So Id like to remove the HDMI module and put the original module back in the P3P. im getting no connect to the GO app.
I removed the HDMI and put the orig back in, connect ipad air to RC, boot RC, launch Go app.
GO app does not connect to RC. As if you ran the Go app without connectng to RC with USB cable.

Any thots?
thanks!
My first thought would be to uninstall and then reinstall the dji go app on your device.

Hi All,

Any thots?
thanks!
If after the uninstall and reinstall of the Go app does not work, check out the ribbon cable that connect the module to the main board on the RC, sometimes when changing the module, this will slide out of the connector and you have no connection at all.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
Just out of curiosity, can you tell me why you're switching back to the original module? The reason I ask is, I've been experiencing some strange behaviors with my P3P since switching to the HDMI module.
  1. When attempting to enter "Follow Me" mode I get a message that my GPS signal is too weak (even though I typically get 18 satellites+).
  2. I'm blocked from reaching my maximum height (input as 500m), despite setting up my NFZ on the DJI website.
I don't know if these issues are being caused by the HDMI module, but I can say that I never experienced them with the stock backpanel. I tried to get some answers from the DJI tech support chat room but the only advice they gave me was to uninstall/reinstall DJI GO and re-update the firmware. This, I thought, was the equivalent of the "reboot your computer to see if that helps" solution.

I hope you have good luck reverting to your original configuration. If you have success, could you let me know? Thanks.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
Just out of curiosity, can you tell me why you're switching back to the original module? The reason I ask is, I've been experiencing some strange behaviors with my P3P since switching to the HDMI module.
  1. When attempting to enter "Follow Me" mode I get a message that my GPS signal is too weak (even though I typically get 18 satellites+).
  2. I'm blocked from reaching my maximum height (input as 500m), despite setting up my NFZ on the DJI website.
I don't know if these issues are being caused by the HDMI module, but I can say that I never experienced them with the stock backpanel. I tried to get some answers from the DJI tech support chat room but the only advice they gave me was to uninstall/reinstall DJI GO and re-update the firmware. This, I thought, was the equivalent of the "reboot your computer to see if that helps" solution.

I hope you have good luck reverting to your original configuration. If you have success, could you let me know? Thanks.
The 'GPS signal too weak' message refers to the GPS in your tablet, not the Phantom. I would guess you may be using a non cellular iPad ?

Thank you all for your help! Much gratitude!
So, I did the relink procedure I found on the dji forum. Phantom3 Pro won't connect to go app dji-jamie posted the procedure.
Basically relink using that particular method fixed the connection to the go app. I did try the 2nd half of the relink method and that did not work.
Now the go app want to update the rc, and i will after my ipad charges a bit.
Thank you all for the help!!!!! Best!

I bought a p4p and want the hdmi module on it. I put the orig output module back on the p3p.

1. signal is of the device not the aircraft?
2. not sure
I dont think the hdmi mod would affect these issues.
good luck with your's!!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen