Under Water and then Ice on Props

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 has a had a rough week . . . I put it in a creek 2 days ago. Completely underwater for about 2 minutes until I could get to it. Took it home, opened it up and got as much water out as I could and then poured rubbing alcohol all over everything including the GoPro and gimbal then dried it off and set everything on floor vents for 24 hours. Put everything back together and it it fired right up yesterday morning. Everything worked fine including the FPV. I am impressed. Only damage was the tip of a prop sheared off when I hit the tree branch that put me in the creek.

I was so excited that everything worked, I went to test it out in the back yard, I flew up about 150 meters in dense fog and 32 degrees (actually hoping to get above the fog). Before I could get above the fog, it started losing altitude and the controls were kind of squirrelly. I was able to land it safely and first thought water damage from the swim it took the day before. But then I noticed the ice on the blades . . . Ice is not just for big planes . . . In hind site, I should have known better. I will know better next time.

Attachments

• 2014-03-05-Ice on Phantom Props-2.jpg
    2014-03-05-Ice on Phantom Props-2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 2,164
  • 2014-03-05-Ice on Phantom Props-4.jpg
    2014-03-05-Ice on Phantom Props-4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,288
Good to hear you got your bird back! That fog.... wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20