Unboxing my P3 - Why The Aircraft Micro USB Port?

Reaction score
I'm deep into the joy of unboxing, charging the battery and controller, studying the Pilot App, and reading up on the firmware updates.
But I haven't found what I might use the Micro USB port for yet.
Is there a reason to connect it to my PC?
Maybe I didn't get there yet in the instructions ......?
Thanks for any help!

Oh! Got it .... I need to keep reading!
Thanks my friend!

No prob, I only know because I was curious about the same thing. When I found that the FW update process was different I was like hmmmm, whats that for then!

Reactions: bobomet
Why not check the manual? This is why there is threads posted from time to time where someone says "Got my P3 finally but it flew away on 1st flight. Anybody know why?".

There is just too much important info to know prior to even charging the battery the 1st time to not have read the manual.

Why not check the manual? This is why there is threads posted from time to time where someone says "Got my P3 finally but it flew away on 1st flight. Anybody know why?".

There is just too much important info to know prior to even charging the battery the 1st time to not have read the manual.
Trust me .... I'm fully aware flyFrank.
I did mention that I am doing exactly this, but I have found it most beneficial to me to begin dialogue with others who have walked this path before me.
If you think my questions or my learning processes are beneath your level, you may choose to not join in the conversation.
In the time it took you to write your critique, you could have written something to help a first-time unboxer ....
Just saying .....

Got to disagree a bit. The manual is vastly improved over previous Phantom manuals, but there are some instructions that are less than adequate. Only by asking on a discussion forum can you get most of your answers.

Got to disagree a bit. The manual is vastly improved over previous Phantom manuals, but there are some instructions that are less than adequate. Only by asking on a discussion forum can you get most of your answers.
I agree .... for TWO reasons:
  1. you simply cannot ask too many questions of those who have already walked a given path
  2. the "manual" has been translated from Chinese into several different languages. NO swipe at Chinese ... the same was true when all manufactured products were made in the USA and then sold (and "documented") in 40 other countries. LOST IN TRANSLATION is real .....

Reactions: jlo
could not agree more

Reactions: jlo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20