Unboxing a new P3P question.

Reaction score
This is my first real quad copter so please bear with me. There was a funny shaped piece of plastic around the camera that looked like it should be holding the camera in position,but it was not. It was on kinda crooked and literally fell off when I lifted the copter out of the box. Is the camera lens supposed to be kinda of floppy, for lack of a better term? When I hold the copter up level, the lens will drift to where it points straight down. Is that how it is supposed to work? There is another piece of plastic near the base of the camera that says "remove before flight". Being an ex air force mechanic, I figured that one out pretty quick. LOL! But the lens has me worried.....

If its white polystyrene you can dispense of it. When you turn the phantom on the camera will right itself (camera calibration).

Reactions: Flying Pilgrim
Last edited:
OK guys and gals, here is a pic of the piece in question. I can not find any way that it could or would attach the camera to the copter for shipping. I wish I would have taken a pic when I was unboxing it,but.....here it is anyway.
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG

OK guys and gals, here is a pic of the piece in question. I can not find any way that it could or would attach the camera to the copter for shipping. I wish I would have taken a pic when I was unboxing it,but.....here it is anyway.View attachment 87003 View attachment 87004

Here are a few quick pics of what the gimbal clamp looks like when you attach it. I turn it on its side and rotate it until I see the slot that the clamp slides into. The red cord is just something I added to remind me to remove it.
I hope this helps.

ff1476c9fe8456e8533f110bea5a10dc.jpg
fd6b317893937cfa424b8d473ec4b818.jpg
1337889f0c93239fd897dd96d15f08b4.jpg
f1261ef758a9ae4280a2d547f65c6959.jpg

and don't forget to remove the gimbal clamp (been there done that) before you fly. In fact get yourself a tag for <$5.00
tag.jpg

THANKS! That certainly explains why I could not figure out how to install it. I had a hard time even WITH the pics! ROFL!
Again, Thank you very much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan