Unable to link Phantom 3 pro to RC

Reaction score
I have had a phantom 3 pro that sat in storage for over 2 years. It flew fine a few times prior to going into storage. Upon getting it out of storage I upgraded the firmware on the RC and the AC. At this point, the RC shows a solid red light and the AC shows a blinking red light indicating they aren't connected. I have tried following the instructions for re-linking them and I have noticed a few things.
1) I am able to consistently get the blue light indicating searching for the AC with a countdown on the RC after choosing to link in the app;
2) no amount of pressing the link button with a pin while the RC is flashing blue will cause the AC/RC to re-link;
3) I noticed in videos and forum posts that there is an LED next to the re-link button that should either be solid red or flashing red, and on my AC that LED is not on at all.

I am guessing its bad that I don't see an LED lighting up next to that button I am supposed to be pressing with a pin to re link. Any idea what can be causing this?

Upon getting it out of storage I upgraded the firmware on the RC and the AC
Mistake #1 You introduced more variables in the equation. You really should have tested prior to that. If it flew before just fine, don't do anything. This is seen all the time. Unless there is something in the firmware change that will enhance operations, leave it alone. Otherwise the big can of worms is generally opened. I would say about 40% of the time.

Well I didn't just update it all at once. I tried that first but I believe the app said that the RC required a firmware update but I may be mistaken, this was several weeks ago now. The tablet in question had been used all along and the DJI GO app had been updating. After updating the RC firmware it no longer worked. I only updated the AC firmware because I believed that I must have updated the RC firmware to the point where it was not compatible with the firmware on the AC.

I tried that first but I believe the app said that the RC required a firmware update
Does not matter what the app says. Firmware updates are always at user discretion.

After updating the RC firmware it no longer worked. I only updated the AC firmware because I believed that I must have updated the RC firmware to the point where it was not compatible with the firmware on the AC.

Correct. Versions must match.

Personally, I am still flying with 2 year old firmware and the latest versions of GO and Litchi. I don't fly with Go any more, I use Litchi exclusively.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT