Unable to link Drone to remote

Reaction score
Hi Recently purchased a second hand Phantom 3 Standard drone after mine crashed. I am having trouble linking the drone to my existing remote. i have tried nearly everything that has been recommended to link to no avail. Can anyone offer help.

Try this method without app,,,,and welcome
Screenshot_20180323-213429.jpg

Thank you for coming back. I have tried what you have suggested before and it does not link. I get the rapid beeping on the remote and the flashing red link light but no link. I had removed the camera because of damage does it have to be connected.
Sorry for wait me on the road driving,,so when you press link button when beeping it not link,,have heard that they still work without cam but something must remain plugged up or won't link,,I'm a bit unsure untill I have a search,,Google will tell you if no one here does,,,if when I stopped I look

Is the controller and drone on the same level firmware?

@beginner flyer,
Welcome to the Forum!

So.....
You crashed your P3S, you are now trying to link a different P3S to your remote. This P3S doesn't have a camera on it?

If the gimbal unit is not connected you will not be able to relink. The signal that is sent to the remote starts in that gimbal block.

If the remote was already linked to that Phantom you would be able to fly it, but you would have no information coming back to the remote & mobile device.

Rod

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
@beginner flyer,
Welcome to the Forum!

So.....
You crashed your P3S, you are now trying to link a different P3S to your remote. This P3S doesn't have a camera on it?

If the gimbal unit is not connected you will not be able to relink. The signal that is sent to the remote starts in that gimbal block.

If the remote was already linked to that Phantom you would be able to fly it, but you would have no information coming back to the remote & mobile device.

Rod
Good catch. I skimmed over the posts so I missed that important fact.

Reactions: RodPad
I have put a new ribbon lead on the gimble assembly and the remote will still not link in fact the camera does not gimble on start up. Will try and check on firmware but on looking it seems that the firmware is quite old is that correct.

@beginner flyer,
Welcome to the Forum!

So.....

Rod
Thanks rod for coming back. Yes I bought a second hand P3s it came with no controller no camera and no battery. Thought it was going to be easy linking the remote and the drone. went through all the procedures for linking but it does not link. Do you think it might be the firmware that needs updating. Thought that the ribbon might be damaged so replaced it still no joy. I am completely new to this so not sure what the problem is.

Reactions: RodPad
Not sure, any I don't know how you change firmware on the Phantom, if the camera not function. Any lights on the gimbal? Blinking or solid?

Rod

Angela Risley <[email protected]>
11:13 (1 minute ago)

to PhantomPilots.com

We tried downloading the firmware but it just kept beeping with a red/ green light flashing on the gimbal. On start up the camera would not go through its little dance. We had put a new ribbon on the camera but not sure if we damaged it so have ordered a new one.

thanks again

Dave
Not sure, any I don't know how you change firmware on the Phantom, if the camera not function. Any lights on the gimbal? Blinking or solid?

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20