Ultrasonic sensor error

So what would be the reason the video is choppy when the phantom is in a slow spin to pan the shots? Is there a way to smooth that out? Also interesting how at times the horizon is level and other times it's definitely off, for example around 14:41.

Leekiya - Have you actually flown it yet!!

I'm starting to think I might buy it off you in 6 months as it will still be as good as new in its box at this rate!!!!

Flown mine tonight - excellent and sooooo responsive!!

He He LOL, everyone. Yes i have flown her today 3 flights, 1 on my way to work, 1 at lunch and 1 just now on my way home from work at the flying club. Luuuuv it, Very fast and responsive, and a lot different to fly than my old phantom with the auto brake prop thing. Pretty windy on that last flight but it just stayed perfectly straight no problems. Now just looking over the flight on the flight record watching what stick movements i did while flying. Awsomeness is my word of choice for the P3. :)

Off topic i know sorry, but a few asked. LOL

ca2ee69e93509d32ee0c09cdfdf88de6.jpg
up-up-and-away-new-pictures-2.jpg
He He LOL, everyone. Yes i have flown her today 3 flights, 1 on my way to work, 1 at lunch and 1 just now on my way home from work at the flying club. Luuuuv it, Very fast and responsive, and a lot different to fly than my old phantom with the auto brake prop thing. Pretty windy on that last flight but it just stayed perfectly straight no problems. Now just looking over the flight on the flight record watching what stick movements i did while flying. Awsomeness is my word of choice for the P3. :)

up-up-and-away-new-pictures-2.jpg

No way, will be back out again first thing in the morning. I all ways fly a couple of times a day to be honest, weather permitting of course.

He's saying that he's not going to be hand catching this model because of the sonar sensors.
Another person commented on his video about something similar occurred to him but that the phantom hit the floor hard enough that it broke the camera. I think he did a good job with the throttle to not let it hit the floor super hard.
I tried hand catching and the second I got it in my hand, the motors revved up - very scary. Managed to get the stick down before any accident. No more hand catch for me.

If your not going to be flying indoors...

Turn it off.

I tried hand catching and the second I got it in my hand, the motors revved up - very scary. Managed to get the stick down before any accident. No more hand catch for me.
I have little doubt that you pulled down slightly. You may not have realized this. If the Phantom detects that something is lowering it's height it will rev the props up to compensate.

yeah thats normal for it to rev the motors. Eventually you'll get the timing down better where you'll have it descending right into your hands and then in one fluid motion pull down all the way on the throttle to turn off the motors.

Leekiya - I missed this - you no longer are a virgin..

Reactions: leekiya

Let the champagne popping commence!

Reactions: leekiya
:D:D, yea i finally flew her yesterday, cant get enough now but she is of course grounded again due to the normal fylde coasts high winds today. Did a little fly this morning but it was way to windy to be fair. Tomorrow mornings forecast looks good tho so i will be back out again first thing on my way to work.
Loved the comedy of this thread, makes a nice change to some we have seen on here over the past week or so with trolls. Happy flying guys. ;)

I got the Ultrasonic sensor error tonight. Scared me. Here are the details. 4th flight of my P3P. Started with full charges. Calibrated compass before taking off. Was 10 minutes into a flight (45% battery life left), flying 40M off the ground, about 200M away. Was flying in P mode, with 16 registered satellites. Flying over a dense forest. Got the error, saying "Land as soon as possible."

Was able to fly back and land without complications.

But I had followed the crash thread when it happened. And the error freaked me out.

Contacted dealer, who said call DJI. Sent email to DJI, waiting fore their reply.

Had not turned off VPS. (Have done so now.)

Is that enough? Is that all it is? (Shouldn't have even been working 40M off the ground, right?) Can I fly? Do I have to wait for DJI.

I'm pissed.

It's safe enough but have the camera pointing towards you and grab a front leg.
The sensors are at the back.

In any case you may as well turn it off for what use it is in normal outdoor flying.
You might get longer flight time too.

It's safe enough but have the camera pointing towards you and grab a front leg.
The sensors are at the back.

In any case you may as well turn it off for what use it is in normal outdoor flying.
You might get longer flight time too.
You should catch with the camera facing the front ideally because if the quad does make any unexpected movement it is quicker to react to normal controls rather than opposite, especially if the person is new to flying. As you say though unless flying indoors VPS can be turned off.

You should catch with the camera facing the front ideally because if the quad does make any unexpected movement it is quicker to react to normal controls rather than opposite, especially if the person is new to flying. As you say though unless flying indoors VPS can be turned off.
Turning off VPS must surely extend flight time a little bit.

I got the Ultrasonic sensor error tonight. Scared me. Here are the details. 4th flight of my P3P. Started with full charges. Calibrated compass before taking off. Was 10 minutes into a flight (45% battery life left), flying 40M off the ground, about 200M away. Was flying in P mode, with 16 registered satellites. Flying over a dense forest. Got the error, saying "Land as soon as possible."

Was able to fly back and land without complications.

But I had followed the crash thread when it happened. And the error freaked me out.

Contacted dealer, who said call DJI. Sent email to DJI, waiting fore their reply.

Had not turned off VPS. (Have done so now.)

Is that enough? Is that all it is? (Shouldn't have even been working 40M off the ground, right?) Can I fly? Do I have to wait for DJI.

I'm pissed.

When blade commented on this thread early on, i took it from him that while the vps would not be active above 3 mtrs the sonar would, but i am not 100% sure on this as he has not clarified it. The sensor error is the sonar getting to much bad data ( hence over the trees we would guess). Now my main worry has always been should that sonar sensor even be working above 3trs, i don't know. Blade or Ed any comments on this would be great cheers.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl