Ultra bright monitor like CrystalSky

Reaction score
I'm looking for an ultra bright tablet such as crystal sky that I can load our own DJI apps that also has the latest android version 7.0 on it.
There are the t71 models however these run an older version of android 4.4 or so.
I've yet to find such a tablet and I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of one.

I haven't come across any that are as bright, 1000 cd/m2 in bright mode and 2000 cd/m2 in ultra-bright is pretty tough to beat. As an example the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is pretty bright IMO but is still only 680 cd/m2 at its brightest.

I was thinking of testing the Samsung galaxy tab S3. We want the tablets to be easily seen in direct sun. While the Tab S3 is relatively bright - have you used it outside?
This is really frustrating. I'm sure most tablet manufactures design their tablets with regard to battery life. However if a bright - in this case direct use in sunlight - with a 2 hour removable battery life - would be sufficient.

I'm looking for an ultra bright tablet such as crystal sky that I can load our own DJI apps that also has the latest android version 7.0 on it.
There are the t71 models however these run an older version of android 4.4 or so.
I've yet to find such a tablet and I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of one.

I have been using ASUS ZenPad 8 and NVIDIA Shield. I think the Shield is adequate for my needs, especially since the picture attributes can be adjusted. Since adding the anti-glare, it's even better.

I was thinking of testing the Samsung galaxy tab S3. We want the tablets to be easily seen in direct sun. While the Tab S3 is relatively bright - have you used it outside?
This is really frustrating. I'm sure most tablet manufactures design their tablets with regard to battery life. However if a bright - in this case direct use in sunlight - with a 2 hour removable battery life - would be sufficient.
I've used the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it was pretty bright I believe it was 450 CD/m2. The S3 is much brighter.

I haven't come across any that are as bright, 1000 cd/m2 in bright mode and 2000 cd/m2 in ultra-bright is pretty tough to beat. As an example the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is pretty bright IMO but is still only 680 cd/m2 at its brightest.
Yeah, but except in the worst case scenario, it is bright enough for me in direct sunlight. If the sun is at the right angle, it washes out a bit. I use my body for shade when possible, but try to find shade, car, tree or what ever.
I haven't used my share, it hasn't been necessary so far. Yesterday I was at a soda dry lake, no shade and 3pm. I could see fine to control the drone and camera, but dust on the screen was not great. Still, no problems and the Galaxy Tab S3 runs all day, literally!

Thanks for all the responses. For myself, I think the direction we will head is to develop for the crystal sky devices since DJI has opened the crystal sky to 3rd party apps.
Going forward I think the crystal sky devices will be the defacto android device standard that DJI will develop for and ensure their sdk runs well on this device.

Funny, but my new TBS Tango controller has a 4.2" screen, 800mcd, not bad! It cost $250 and has a lot of capabilities. Don't know why there are not a lot of 800-1500 mcd units out there.

Reactions: Shoemaker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31