Ultimate Flight (Android)-waypoint + save/load RELEASED!

Re: New app for Phantom Vision and Vision+

flyNfrank said:
* Flight log - the app logs flight information today but there is no on-screen presentation (list if flights, length, max distance, speed, etc.)
$40

* Find-my-Phantom - not quite to the extent of offline flight replay; this it more list the last known location and flight path information
$20

* Poor-man's map mode - fly a GPS path, at defined altitude and take photo every 'x' distance
$10

* Follow-me
$30

* Other - supply the idea (you don't need to allocate $ to it if you just have an idea you think would be cool or interesting.

* Speed ~ increase rate of speed in GPS & ATTI Mode.
* Speed2 ~ increase rate of speed while descending.
* Speed3 ~ increase rate of speed when in both RTF & FailSafe Mode.
* Power ~ add ability to increase power settings from transmitter to quad.
* Power2 ~ add ability to increase power settings from range extender to wifi.
*Flight ~ add ability to adjust tilt/pitch angle settings.

Thanks for the list. Good information and lots of replies.

Crashing on Android 4.2 when the motors spin-up. Fix is on the works.

I have some crash stacks that have identified the cause and it is something I can fix. For the immediate fix you can turn off "Phantom Tracks"; this is the flight logging feature and can be turned off in setup. If the app no longer crashes after that it would confirm my findings. The cause is a value only available in later Android but is fixable for 4.2.

Thank you for all the people who uploaded crash stacks; it made diagnosing this possible!

1.08:

Fixed crash in Android 4.2 when motors turned on while flight log was enabled.

Change: As a result of the above change flight logs are stored in /DJI_Ultimate_Flight

Added flight modes on screen, in log file and speech. Modes available are: ATTI, Go Home, GPS ATTI, GPS Cruise, Landing, Manual, Pause 1, Pause 2, Single, Takeoff, Unknown, Waypoint.

Setting to control reading flight mode (default: off)

I joined the beta google group a few days after you created it. Today for the 1st time I tried downloading the beta link shown at the top above the paid version link. When I selected it, it would not allow me to download. It showed 3 reason why I was receiving that message. Was I doing something wrong or is there something to it I don't know about, or?

General features like:

* Download images from Phantom to device.
$40

* Offline flight replay - Think select log and see your flight overlay on Google map
$10

Flight features:

* GS (map based flight) - waypoint
$20

* Point-of-interest
$10

* Camera control in GPS flight (define camera point during GPS flight, either at waypoint or between waypoints)
$20

Other; interesting investigations:

* Waypoint definition:
- pointing on map
- type coordinates on the keyboard
- by flying manually to a location. Then hit a button and it's saved as a waypoint (LAT, LON, ALT, camera bearing/direction, pitch, picture)

Flight log
€40

Manual POI
€30

GS POI

€20

Follow me
€10

Hope theres no problem exchanging currencies :D

flyNfrank said:
I joined the beta google group a few days after you created it. Today for the 1st time I tried downloading the beta link shown at the top above the paid version link. When I selected it, it would not allow me to download. It showed 3 reason why I was receiving that message. Was I doing something wrong or is there something to it I don't know about, or?

There is no active beta which is the reason the link is not working; the release app is online and there are a few fixes and mini features being published directly. I'm in planning and research phase for next beta (collecting ideas and user preferences).

Stay tuned.

kickthefences said:
Flight log
€40

Manual POI
€30

GS POI

€20

Follow me
€10

Hope theres no problem exchanging currencies :D

Thanks, no problem with conversion; the rate today is 1:1 ;)

Is that also how much each function will cost as an in-app purchase? ;)

10$ Follow me
10$ log
10$ GS

BioTeq said:

10$ Follow me
10$ log
10$ GS

Note: Below is some friendly back and forth fun and should not be taken to suggest that I'm actually even remotely thinking about adopting this mode!

Now there is a thought :)

The good news is, I wasn't thinking of implementing the Booster App's model of charging for each major feature but now that you mention it...

kenargo said:
BioTeq said:

10$ Follow me
10$ log
10$ GS

Now there is a thought :)

The good news is, I wasn't thinking of implementing the Booster App's model of charging for each major feature but now that you mention it...

ROTFL... and here I was about to order it in the store ;)

Hi Ken,

I have been having fits trying to get the dji Vision app working on a few generic tablets, as well as my Nexus 4 w/lollipop 5.01.
I would like to buy the app, but will be switching back and forth between devices until I make a choice.

Is the licensing device-specific, or user-specific?
In other words, will I need to purchase a copy for every device?

CapnBob said:
Hi Ken,

I have been having fits trying to get the dji Vision app working on a few generic tablets, as well as my Nexus 4 w/lollipop 5.01.
I would like to buy the app, but will be switching back and forth between devices until I make a choice.

Is the licensing device-specific, or user-specific?
In other words, will I need to purchase a copy for every device?

Android licenses are per Google Account. Buy once and run on any device you have now or in the future.

Don't Like The Idea Of Charging For Each New Feature Eg Logging, Follow Me, POI.

I Think Those 3x Could Be One Nice Update & Would Pay An Update Maybe.

I Didn't By Your App For The Map I Brought It For The Full Screen, Plus Some Of The Alerts, Although It Is Nice To See Where The Home Point Is Etc.

CyberCitizen said:
Don't Like The Idea Of Charging For Each New Feature Eg Logging, Follow Me, POI.

I Think Those 3x Could Be One Nice Update & Would Pay An Update Maybe.

I Didn't By Your App For The Map I Brought It For The Full Screen, Plus Some Of The Alerts, Although It Is Nice To See Where The Home Point Is Etc.

Edit...

I was seriously kidding and I am very sorry if the humor was misplaced or misunderstood!

Ken,

What is the latest version released? I thought I saw this AM it was upto 1.09 ( I think - although I couldn't see the release number from within the app. That included touching the screen to see a latlong as well as some other improvements. Would be good to see the release number in the About Information
On my first flight this morning with your innovative app (bought from play store yesterday btw) I was able to do get the lat/long infor but the second flight, a couple of hours later, the lat long touch screen option wasn't available. I probably had turned something off without realising it :)

I'm enjoying finding out what it offers and I'm pleased to report it seems to work without dropouts (so far) in my Samsung Galaxy S5 under Android 5 (Lollipop).

Is it processor intensive? My Galaxy S5 seems to be draining much more rapidly than it did using the DJI Vision app

I also found that the app indicated I was in ATTI mode, although I was flying in GPS mode, with NAZA mode activated. Is that indicator not yet fully activated?

+1 on ATTI mode indication. After a minute or so, it did update; started out in ATTI (Naza)

CapnBob said:
+1 on ATTI mode indication. After a minute or so, it did update; started out in ATTI (Naza)

The flight indicator is reporting the current state of the Phantom as reported by the DJI SDK. Assuming that the SDK is correct then the displayed mode should represent the active mode the Phantom is flying under at that moment (it updates once per second currently). For example, I've noticed that the mode reports the mode as ATTI until satellite lock, at which time it changes to GPS (assuming I'm in GPS) and I've seen it drop to ATTI when satellite count drops.

If you see something that is unexpected please let me know but assuming the DJI SDK is working as documented you should see what the mode Phantom 'thinks' it is running (which may not align with the switches you have set on the controller).

Let me know if you seen any strangeness and I'll investigate and follow-up with DJI as appropriate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart