UK Pilots need to take action now please

Sounds serious, that proposes one of the strictest, most hysteria-driven legislation in Europe!

I don't think it has anything to do with hysteria.

The CAA rulings forbid the overflight of many buildings, people, etc. etc. and yet we still see idiots doing just that on U-Tube, some of which have had visits from the CAA and closed down. Such behaviour might have triggered the creation of the consultation perhaps.

I think the consultation is important and the more numbers of responsible pilots that complete the form might insure that we can keep flying with perhaps less strict legislation in the future.

Reactions: jpbroomfield
The proposed age limit (18), FINS for each flight(!!) with a wild card "given conditions" (to be decided by the lawmaker without consultation) are in my dictionary definitely overreactions. You can drive a 3tons car or even a plane at the age of 17 or even earlier. FINS for each flight would kill spontaneous flying especially if you have no access to internet without any benefit for aviation - not to mention land-side safety.

Meanwhile, key questions, such as weight limits and corresponding licensing/competence seem to be already decided or at least the public opinion is not asked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4