UK Drone Registration

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone point me in the right direction... before applying for the new registration I want to checkout the sort of questions that are asked.
I've heard that they are a bit vague, I know the Drone Code, etc but some of the questions that I've seen are open to various interpretations.

Regards
Waylander

The test is pretty standard if you have read literature and know about the CAA rules about model flying, but think about the answers before completing. Not too difficult.
If you are part of the BMFA ( British Model Flying Association) you can take the test with them. If you are a member you will be covered with insurance ( providing you comply with their requirements). BMFA will collect the sub to allow to fly, and of course a sub to the BMFA
Hope it some use

The test is reasonably straightforward and mostly common sense. You do not have to get it right first time, although you'll feel better if you pass. I got a question wrong but passed. You can see where you went wrong after taking the test. Make sure you label the aircraft before you fly it

Hi All

Can anyone point me in the right direction... before applying for the new registration I want to checkout the sort of questions that are asked.
I've heard that they are a bit vague, I know the Drone Code, etc but some of the questions that I've seen are open to various interpretations.

Regards
Waylander
Hi, you only need 16 out of 20 questions correct to pass, you can take it as many times as you need, the questions are multi choice and mainly obvious if you have a basic knowledge of the Drone code. Good luck, though you wont need it.

Hi All

Yes done it.. now registered, don't know how if at all, this new legislation will improve matters for drone pilots but there you go, ( if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns ).
PS... passed first time 19 out of 20, got question 5 wrong, because it was a long winded question and I did't bother to read it carefully enough, my bad...

Ciao Waylander

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair