UFO Sightings Anyone?

Just for information :-

The bird with the greatest airspeed velocity is the Peregrine falcon, able to exceed 320 km/h (200 mph) in its hunting dives.

Wings might be closed in the dive.

Food for thought

Peregrine falcons don't travel at that sustained speed on a horizontal plane for the distance that this "vehicle?" was traveling. I thought about birds. I'm an engineering nerd.

Yeah, that was strange! In my younger days I was skeptical about UFO's especially after almost everyone now carries a video camera but that video is changing my mind somewhat. Whatever it was is really unusual. It looked to be smaller than what one would think was military unless it was a drone. How far are you from a military base? Please keep us updated on this!!!
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks for taking the time to see it. I know I'm not crazy now. :)

Not a Falcon in a stoop dive, trajectory appears parallel to the terrain. Knowing time and distance perhaps using Google Earth and flight data might yield an approx. velocity. I have seen footage of a similar objects from other sources. I remain open on the subject...

Agreed. That thing was MOVING! How can something go that fast and not hit anything at that altitude?

You have to look closely from 2:08 - 2:11 on the left side. Very fast. I was reluctant to upload because I didn't want to hear all the BS. It's there. For any serious video editors out there. I would appreciate a nice clear edit of that section of footage. I am very curious about it. Thank You in advance.

OK, something you can't presently explain.
Is it physical???
Is it optical (i.e. perspective)???
Is it electronic artifact???
Is it digital???

What BS are you referring to?
Alien BS?
If so... yea that's BS cause If you can't explain it how can you argue what it is or isn't?

From further research. Others have identified this object as a "Rod". I have no idea what a Rod :) is and apparently, no one else knows either. Many UFO types are investigating them I guess. At least I know a little more now. Still weird.

And right on cue, the pretentious comments come-a-rollin'. Would be nice for sure to have some sort of logical explanation for the object, will keep my eye on this post.

Reactions: JetLife
From further research. Others have identified this object as a "Rod". I have no idea what a Rod :) is and apparently, no one else knows either. Many UFO types are investigating them I guess. At least I know a little more now. Still weird.
"Rods" were a topic some years ago. The initial observers seeing them in photographs or video made claims of some form of unknown atmospheric life. The best general explanation however, was that what was observed were insects flying in the cameras near-field that produced a kind of streak with a sort of sine wave ridges on the image. That was later identified as an artifact produced by the camera shutter speed and the insects wing motions.

Seeing how we as humans don't even know everything that's in the ocean yet; I'm sure there's a lot about these "other" life-forms we have no clue about. I'll just keep the camera rolling.

Quite a leap to go from the
unknown or unidetified to other life-forms.

Similar to the so called 'god of the gaps' where holes in understanding are evidence (to some) of the supernatural.

Slowly the gaps are closed by science which is NOT to suggest they will [all] ever be closed.

Don't underestimate the possibility of high altitude hummingbird migration. They are small and with a wide angle lens they can be closer than you think and therefor appear to be traveling faster than they are also you will of course never see wings. Just a thought.

I experienced the same type of object high in the mountains in North Idaho... here is a short slowed down clip of it.

I've also uploaded the unedited video (besides trimming the ends off with avidemux)
You can see it around 3:53ish

Last edited:
Reactions: JetLife
As to the initial video above it appears the camera drone was stationary. It looks to me almost like another drone (has sort of a square shape if you look closely) at lower altitude booking along. If you have one moving along say at 40mph it might look that fast.

Oo er.

The only explanation I can give is that it was my mother in law on her broomstick. That's something I look at but don't want to see so it looks like she is travelling at mach 2

You must have married my ex

You have to look closely from 2:08 - 2:11 on the left side. Very fast. I was reluctant to upload because I didn't want to hear all the BS. It's there. For any serious video editors out there. I would appreciate a nice clear edit of that section of footage. I am very curious about it. Thank You in advance.

Well if that is what it was and where then I missed it completely. Try opening it with the "photos" viewer if you have windows 10. There is a feature that I use all the time that allows you to go frame by frame and save a photo from the vid.

Since my earlier post. I have found similar "sightings" on YT.
The one in this video was exactly like the one I saw. Uploading and providing link later today.
That is one outstanding piece of property (and pool) !

(Posted In Other Threads)

Hello pilots,

I was wondering if any of you ever caught any strange objects on camera during flight. I few weeks ago I took some daytime footage and didn't notice the unidentified object while I was flying.

In my post work with Adobe, one small section of footage shows a small, maybe softball sized, silverish/white orb come screaming under my drone. From my time in the Navy (retired); I know that thing was doing about 700 mph! I have good footage but didn't want to share it with the masses until I talked to some other drone pilots about the matter. It really scares the crap outta me.

I saw some pretty hush-hush stuff in the Navy but IMHO... THAT WAS NOT HUMAN TECH !!

Anyone???
Softball sized, 700 mph, just supersonic, no boom? My bet is it's an optical manifestation of something reflected into your lens along your flight path. Were you flying in restricted airspace, or over a battle reenactment?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94