UAS Remote Pilote Test Prep book and Part 107 test

Reaction score
I have had the ASA UAS Remote Pilot Test Prep book for a while and have gone through it many times. I am curious how well this book prepares you for the actual part 107 FAA exam. The book mentions that apparently the actual question pool used for the actual exam is private the the questions in the book are not exactly the questions from the exam. I don't know if the actual exam questions change over time or not. SO, I am wondering whether being proficient in this exam book will equate to being prepared for the exam. Thanks.

I've used ASA products before and I found them to be a quality product. The FAA does change the question bank on ALL tests for airmen periodically. The 107 exam is still pretty new so I don't see the Feds making changes at this point, but that my personal opinion.

The questions change but the concepts remain the same. If you can fully decipher sectional charts down to the small details along with knowing the other concepts; weather, FAA rules, crew management and the FAA's guides to safety management you will pass. As an example when I took the exam I first scanned the first 20 or so questions, then after answering 8 the computer froze. Went to the desk and the proctor could not restart the exam. To make a long story short they had to negate the test and start a new test. Yep, the questions were different. I missed only 2 questions which I attribute to not reading carefully enough. For some reason they do throw in some tricky questions. Test questions are only good to test yourself relevant to the concepts. There are plenty of them on the Web. My advise, take all you can after you think you have the concepts down and focus on the ones you miss. Here is a good site 120 questions that tells which are correct and which are not. If you repeat until you get 100% your good to go. https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/9-2/

Reactions: FLKeysDrone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav