two person operation Phantom 3

Reaction score
Im waiting for my Phantom 3 Pro, my first drone.

Can the tablet be used by one person for camera control and the controller for flying?

The option may not be on the app to tilt the camera like it is on the vision app so if not all they'd be able to do is start stop recording, take a pic or mess with the settings

The controller could be hacked to "remotify" some of the controls to another unit. Would not be difficult to do, with the controls attached by long wires.

It's on the Inspire app. In fact, you can get a game controller and connect it to the tablet and use that to control the camera. DJI won't be please about that.

Im waiting for my Phantom 3 Pro, my first drone.

Can the tablet be used by one person for camera control and the controller for flying?
What do you think your camera operator is going to do?
There is no 360º camera movement on the P3.
All he would be able to do is camera tilt and how often do you want that during filming anyway?.
The controller has camera tilt and shutter buttons on it where the pilot can work them without taking hands off the controller.
Second operator is for complex camera movements only achievable with a 360º camera.
Really there's no need for a second operator on the P3.

Just checked the specs on the P3 and it does seem to imply that the only control over the camera is tilt, the same as the current P2. So why does Jeff Cable state in his San Francisco video that "it is easy to fly in one direction while panning in the other"?

Just checked the specs on the P3 and it does seem to imply that the only control over the camera is tilt, the same as the current P2. So why does Jeff Cable state in his San Francisco video that "it is easy to fly in one direction while panning in the other"?
Course lock?

The drone can pan all it wants. But the camera itself does not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31