Twitching Vision

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I have developed a twitch in my Vision. It physically (very quickly) twitches in a nose-to-tail manner in directional flight or hovering. It is not a lot, but noticeable to the eye when its nearby and is slightly more than the camera mounts can compensate for as well - therefore a slight jello in the video.
Software/firmware is current with all updates as of 5/21/14. The only thing I can quickly think of is that my modified camera antennas may be affecting the balance. See attached picture.
Your thoughts???

Attachments

• 20140601_113409.jpg
    20140601_113409.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 469
Byroman said:
Hey gang,
I have developed a twitch in my Vision. It physically (very quickly) twitches in a nose-to-tail manner in directional flight or hovering. It is not a lot, but noticeable to the eye when its nearby and is slightly more than the camera mounts can compensate for as well - therefore a slight jello in the video.
Software/firmware is current with all updates as of 5/21/14. The only thing I can quickly think of is that my modified camera antennas may be affecting the balance. See attached picture.
Your thoughts???

This could be the problem, hard to say, I've seen so many reports of the craft not flying right or not flying at all after 1.08 that it becomes impossible to track.

I've had mine since mid March and have not upgraded from 1.08,... and will not do so anytime in the near future.
It flies like a charm , I've never had an issue that I myself didn't cause, even after the Rotorpixel upgrade.

But good luck figuring it out. I guess time will tell on the revisions.
You could try with and without your aftermarket antennas and full IMU calibrations between tests.

The Rookie

Byroman said:
Hey gang,
Your thoughts???

What are your gains set at? Could be too high of a gain possibly. If you haven't adjusted them I would question the updated software.

Thanks guys.
I'll try the IMU calibration and check the gains...although I don't think I have ever changed the gain settings from stock. Can someone tell me what the stock gain settings are?
Ive had my vision since November and shes always flown like a dream. Ill see what removing the antennas will do as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94