Turned off remote during firmware update

Reaction score
I was in the middle of downloading the remote firmware update for my phantom 3 pro and I must have thought it was finished and turned off the remote. Now all my remote does is beep (loudly) and won't connect to my drone. On the Dji go app it just gives me the status of "Abnormal" What can I do? Hopefully not have to send it out for a repair.

Last edited:
You were updating tha AC or the RC? Turning off the remote shouldn’t have affected the FW update on th AC. Try relinking the RC to the AC.

Maybe try tapping the 'abnormal' message to see if it takes you to a screen giving you the option to update the FW again? You will need to plug your device back into the remote and have the remote powered up.

I have a Phantom 3 pro. I recently updated the drone as well as the remote. I typically use the sd card for the updates, which worked for the drone, but i tried updating the controller within the DJI app and upon completion, the controller will not link to the drone, i cannot get it to re-write the update using the sd card...... I'm lost. i have seen this same issue from a lot of different forums, but the suggested repair strategy does not work for me.
any thoughts?

I have a Phantom 3 pro. I recently updated the drone as well as the remote. I typically use the sd card for the updates, which worked for the drone, but i tried updating the controller within the DJI app and upon completion, the controller will not link to the drone, i cannot get it to re-write the update using the sd card...... I'm lost. i have seen this same issue from a lot of different forums, but the suggested repair strategy does not work for me.
any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum.

Have you already done the relinking suggested in the release notes for the latest FW?

Check out this post to see if it sheds any light.

I was in the middle of downloading the remote firmware update for my phantom 3 pro and I must have thought it was finished and turned off the remote. Now all my remote does is beep (loudly) and won't connect to my drone. On the Dji go app it just gives me the status of "Abnormal" What can I do? Hopefully not have to send it out for a repair.

Is the left joystick in the down position?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl