Trying to make DIY Goggles - help please!

Sounds like yet another issue with Google Play services. I'm not seeing this problem on a Note 4 or Nvidia Shield.
The reason why we added an option to switch between Google Play services and the base Android location service was because of it causing lag with the video preview (we now even have Android as default now).

I thought you just said that wasn't what that option was for? Nevermind. It was on the Android setting, anyway. What else does it use the Google Play Services for?

The setting allows you to "bypass" google play services for the location service (used to get your location), but not for displaying maps.

I love my P3P and have been using it with either a Note 2 or Note 4. I made a homemade sun shield which works good, but I still would prefer goggles of some sort.

Hi, you may be interested in creating a Google Cardboard. With some slight modifications it would work well I think. I haven't tested this myself, but I work with some guys that have created these.

Yea, we built what sounds similar to the military box you mentioned, but without optics it makes the image too far away!!

So now I have one just about like yours and very similar to the military ones. I think it will work pretty pretty good in the light. I can see my Note 4 real well and with about a 1.75 reading glasses have some magnification. It also doubles as a sun shield. Makes it a little hard to use the touch screen but used double sided velcro so it is easy to dove it and put it right back on. Plan on flying in the next hour so we shall see. Bright sunshiny day and I plan on flying up about 300 feet to a cave or mine entrance in a rock cliff. Last time I chased this target I could not find it because I could not see it on the FPV. Sure hope I don't get an emergency landing getting anywhere up this mountain/cliff would be a huge challenge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic