Trying to get P4P to use a Nuvision

Reaction score
ok, I'm old and somewhat senile.
When I first purchased my Pro 4 back in February I had problems getting it up and running.
But I knew a youngster, who has now been transferred overseas, who got me up in the air and operating on my Google phone. I have a small 80 acre ranch that I use it mostly on for monitoring cattle and fences. I have done some still photography. The screen on the phone is just too small for me to see.
I just bought a Google NUVISION. It is supposed to operate just like my phone except I need wifi instead of towers. It accesses the internet pretty good. When I try to download the app so I can fly it, it doesn't give me a PHANTOM 4 or 4 PRO option.
I'm very frustrated and would desperately like to get my drone flying. It may take me a while, but I want to learn how to take better quality photo's.

When I hit the DJI GO tab the tablet brings up "Connect your DJI device"
the options itprovides are
INSIRE 1
Phantom 3 PRO
Matrice 100
OSMO mobile 2

The drop down under the Phantom 3 Pro is
Pantom 3 pro
Phantom 3 advanced
Phantom 3 standard
Phantom 3 SE

My thanks,
I'm getting closer to where I need to be.
downloaded the DJI GO 4
hooked everything up
turned everything on (outside of course)
Entered the device
I am able to start, take off and maneuver, land, turn off my P4P. The gimbal control works.
My screen tells me that I am disconnected
No readouts on the screen or most are N/A. Large picture of North American Continent.
gps not working
camera not relaying video to tablet
I cannot enable obstacle avoidance. (good thing I have a 40 acre pasture to play in)

My thanks,
I'm getting closer to where I need to be.
downloaded the DJI GO 4
hooked everything up
turned everything on (outside of course)
Entered the device
I am able to start, take off and maneuver, land, turn off my P4P. The gimbal control works.
My screen tells me that I am disconnected
No readouts on the screen or most are N/A. Large picture of North American Continent.
gps not working
camera not relaying video to tablet
I cannot enable obstacle avoidance. (good thing I have a 40 acre pasture to play in)
I had a similar problem with the aircraft being disconnected!! When you start the app, try hitting don't connect, charge only!! That solved all my problems, and now have no problems.

Between health issues and weather issues I finally tried the advice of Scottie74
I had a similar problem with the aircraft being disconnected!! When you start the app, try hitting don't connect, charge only!! That solved all my problems, and now have no problems.
I am so frustrated. Between health issues and weather, I have finally tried your advice, or attempted to.cannot find a charge only button for one thing. I try to go to online support. I go to product support, then Phantom 4 pro, then online support, then product and technical support, then I get a list of options that do not do anything. At the bottom of this list is an option, "if you still need help, go to online support, and the circus starts again!
All I want to do is fly around my farm and monitor what is happening. That was working until I tried to connect a tablet.
Then lost all video whether I am using my cell phone (which had worked) or the tablet. It says disconnected (couldn't find a charge only button) I cannot get a hold of the technical people.
$1400.00 is a total waste of money. My sons money, he bought it for me.

Between health issues and weather issues I finally tried the advice of Scottie74

I am so frustrated. Between health issues and weather, I have finally tried your advice, or attempted to.cannot find a charge only button for one thing. I try to go to online support. I go to product support, then Phantom 4 pro, then online support, then product and technical support, then I get a list of options that do not do anything. At the bottom of this list is an option, "if you still need help, go to online support, and the circus starts again!
All I want to do is fly around my farm and monitor what is happening. That was working until I tried to connect a tablet.
Then lost all video whether I am using my cell phone (which had worked) or the tablet. It says disconnected (couldn't find a charge only button) I cannot get a hold of the technical people.
$1400.00 is a total waste of money. My sons money, he bought it for me.
When you first turn on the drone, and controller, as the app starts up, you should get a box saying either "connect", or "don't connect, charge only". When that pops up on your screen, hit don't connect. Don't remember the exact wording, but along those lines!! I am going out for a fly tomorrow, and will get a photo of the screen on start-up for you, so you can see how I fixed the issue!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr