Trying to find a new transmitter

Reaction score
My stock phantom controller is broken and im thinking about getting a new transmitter. I dont need something as fancy as a futaba, but I want something that has trim control so I can make slight movements (for camera filming). Any suggestions? If i get a new transmitter, do I have to get a new receiver also? I like using the NAZA.

You haven't said what flavour of Phantom you are flying and as gmbn.inc has said if you are flying the Vision, Vision Plus, or the FC40 your choices are non-existent.

If however you are flying an original Phantom or the V2 then there are many options. I'm lead to believe that the latest receivers in the Phantom V2 are compatible with the Futaba Protocol, those with the newer Phantom will be able to confirm, or deny.

If you want to move into programmable radios the Turnigy 9XR with a FrSky module and receiver are excellent value for money, about $50 from Hobbyking for the transmitter and then just under $40 for the FrSky DJT module and eight channel full range receiver. I use this setup on my F550 hex and FPV Raptor fixed wing. Many claim they have achieved in excess of 2 to 3 km range on the stock antennas. The supplied receiver with the DJT module, V8FR, doesn't support S-Bus so you will need to use individual servo cables for each channel into the Naza controller but for just over $10 more the latest XJT combo supports both S-Bus and telemetry.

Hobbyking have also announced the Turnigy 9XR Pro at about $100 but according to Bruce of RCModelReviews the changes do not merit the higher price and instead recommends spending a little extra and to get the Taranis transmitter.

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic