Trouble with P4 firmware update! Need help!

Gentlemen, thank you so much for all of the advise in this thread. Got mine working fine both ac and rc.
You guys have made an old man very happy. Now to learn how to operate all of these intelligent flight modes. (Dang)!

How long did it take to do an IMU calibration, mine got stuck at '4' and I gave up. Chucked a spare battery in the fridge and I'll try again later.

I thought my imu calibration was stuck on 4 as well. But, I misread what the P4 positioning was supposed to be. I thought it was to sit flat on the ground normally when the graphic was really showing to position it forward facing down. After I realized my mistake I properly positioned the P4 and it finished shortly thereafter perhaps after maybe (or maybe not) one more calibration. Perhaps you misread the graphic instruction as well for step 4?

Reactions: tevek
I thought my imu calibration was stuck on 4 as well. But, I misread what the P4 positioning was supposed to be. I thought it was to sit flat on the ground normally when the graphic was really showing to position it forward facing down. After I realized my mistake I properly positioned the P4 and it finished shortly thereafter perhaps after maybe (or maybe not) one more calibration. Perhaps you misread the graphic instruction as well for step 4?
I think you may be onto something, for the life of me I looked at the graphic, looked at the drone and stood there like an idiot telling the wife to be quiet whilst the calibration went no where. I'll check it out when I get upstairs.
Thank you.

Just had another go at the IMU recal and thanks to you it worked. I did notice this time the difference in the shading with the graphics/shading and therein lies the lack of attention on my behalf.
Cheers.

Reactions: jogforfitness
N

No, but given the nature of the new calibration process, the additional feature upgrades, and that my numbers were a little high, I did it.
I think I've done about 4 IMU calibrations now and that IMU error to calibrate always pops up. The error message eventually goes away after it warms up.

I think I've done about 4 IMU calibrations now and that IMU error to calibrate always pops up. The error message eventually goes away after it warms up.
Have you tried it with the new firmware upgrade?
The IMU warming message is normal and does go away once the IMU has reached the ambient temperature. I had to do it recently (prior to the update) due to the 15C change from summer to winter. The recent calibration reduced the warm up time from 2 minutes to 20 seconds.

For those who have problems with firmware update and have 99%, you have to do the following:
1.- Update the firmware by Assitant 2.
2.- To update the firmware of the station to 1.92. Turn on the transmitter only, connect the tablet or phone to it, start dji go4, enter the 'vision' screen (where the video and other drone data appear), press up to the left where you will see Aircraft Disconnected on red background And the status screen will appear. I think it's the first line that will put you that requires your intervention, you select it and it will take you to a section where it tells you that it is necessary to update the firm. There you will download and install 1.9.2

Reactions: Tyger
695816171048418798ad8c3e1273133b.jpg

Done!

Update the RC first (Turn Off the AC while updating the RC). Then update the AC.

If you are stuck at 99%, unplug the cable and plug it back into the RC. (DO NOT TURN OFF THE RC, IT WILL MESS UP THE FIRMWARE UPDATE).

Around 11mins Update if no Errors/Issue.

Goodluck!

I think you may be onto something, for the life of me I looked at the graphic, looked at the drone and stood there like an idiot telling the wife to be quiet whilst the calibration went no where. I'll check it out when I get upstairs.
Thank you.

I did the same thing, however, I was looking very dumb. Thanks Jog for your help!

Wow! I keep reading about problems updating DJI GO, firmware, etc. I hope I am OK because I stopped using DJI GO in November after I tried to update it due to constanting crashing the app. When I started the update, I got the error "device not compatible" even though I had been using it. (Full size iPad) Frustrated over this and the comments on the forums, I switched to Litchi and have had no more problems. So I have not upgraded anything since I switched to Litchi and it performs perfectly! I just hope some of the new stuff DJI is putting out here does not mess my P4 up!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Wow! I keep reading about problems updating DJI GO, firmware, etc. I hope I am OK because I stopped using DJI GO in November after I tried to update it due to constanting crashing the app. When I started the update, I got the error "device not compatible" even though I had been using it. (Full size iPad) Frustrated over this and the comments on the forums, I switched to Litchi and have had no more problems. So I have not upgraded anything since I switched to Litchi and it performs perfectly! I just hope some of the new stuff DJI is putting out here does not mess my P4 up!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

Do you get all of the intelligent flight modes with Litchi? I had problems because I'm not very smart. Once the guys hand fed me, the installations went flawless!!

I have FPV, first person view-which also can be used with VR goggles as it displays two screens if wanted.
I have Waypoint which is about all I fly now. It is GREAT!
Orbit mode lets you fly in a circle around a point at choice of distance and altitude and speed.
Pano lets you take panoramic photos in several layers
Focus mode lets you fly a line by an object while the camera focuses on a point.
And then Track mode, which I have not used yet but I think it will let you follow a moving object.

Also, Litchi will let you use a Google map and with finger, draw a path on the map and the drone will fly it. On this line, the app sets waypoints which are fully programmable as in the Waypoint mode.
I love Litchi! I can use the Mission Hub to program a waypoint route on my home computer or iPad and it will automatically make it available on other devices I fly with.

Best $24 I have spent!!!
Jim
WA5TEF

I see where a lot of you guys seem to update through the DJI assistant. I have from day 1 only used my Iphone and WiFi to make all my firmware updates to my P4 with no real issues. It seems more cumbersome to use the assistant. Am I wrong here?

My experience with the 99%:

When the update process started a little dialog box with graphic told me to unplug my iPad from the remote controller and plug the IPad into the drone using an adapter cable. Then it began the update process through to 99%
At that point it told me to unplug and replug in the cable. But it wasn't clear. At first I thought this meant simply, unplug, wait a few seconds then plug back in.
Finally it dawned on me to try plugging the cable from the iPad back into the controller. Then it finished in just seconds.

After that was done I rebooted everything and went back on to fly and got all kinds of errors ... until I then updated the remote controller firmware (3 minutes, clicking one button) and rebooted everything again. Bingo! All is well... except the **** NFZs

Clicked on the "DMG" button to get DJI assistant 2 but I'm unable to find it. What am I doing wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3