Trouble with P4 firmware update! Need help!

Reaction score
Went thru the process using DJI GO 4. Everything went fine until it got to 99% and then it would not go any further. Everything was connected for almost an hour. That is when I disconnected and was going to start over. Now the rc will not connect fully with the p4. When I start the rc and then the p4 then open the app. it says it is checking for updates but never goes past that.
Any ideas of how I can start this over again? PLEASE!

The notes do warn that you should update and reboot the controller before updating the aircraft to avoid the aircraft update stalling.

I would suggest you use DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC/Mac and redo the updates for the controller and the aircraft that way...

The notes do warn that you should update and reboot the controller before updating the aircraft to avoid the aircraft update stalling.

I would suggest you use DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC/Mac and redo the updates for the controller and the aircraft that way...

I could be wrong but I thought it was the other way around. Update AC then RC. ??

How do you reboot the RC?

I am currently in the same state, it is stuck at 99%. Was no prompt for a RC update so went ahead with the AC update and now it is stalled.

What should I do next?

I was trying to update Phantom 4 & contoller - got the AC updated, but assistant doesn't show the RC - even though it does show in Windows (10) devices

I turned everything off and now aircraft disconnected and weak image transmission are all I get. I checked RC firmware version and it is the old version and there was no prompt for the new version and now no prompt at all and it says Aircraft Firmware unknown.

I turned everything off and now aircraft disconnected and weak image transmission are all I get. I checked RC firmware version and it is the old version and there was no prompt for the new version and now no prompt at all and it says Aircraft Firmware unknown.

R62ewa I did same exact thing and called dji. They stayed on the phone an hour walking a dummy like me thru the thing.
What I had to do was update rc first.
We did it by clicking up where you are getting your weak transmission signal message.
Next select update rc
Next u let that do its thing and while I was waiting he had me go into dji assistant 2.
Once in assistant 2 select ur aircraft,(p4 here),and select download.
Let it do its thing and make sure to wait til aircraft restarts itself before disconnecting.
Then I turned on ac and rc and recalibrated everything and made sure things like RTH
ALTITUDE, and all ur personal settings.
Hope this helped

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I have connected to DJI Assistant 2 and trying to Refresh the AC firmware as it says it's current but it continually fails at 1%.

R62ewa I did same exact thing and called dji. They stayed on the phone an hour walking a dummy like me thru the thing.
We did it by clicking up where you are getting your weak transmission signal message.
Next select update rc
Next u let that do its thing and while I was waiting he had me go into dji assistant 2.
Let it do its thing and make sure to wait til aircraft restarts itself before disconnecting.
Then I turned on ac and rc and recalibrated everything and made sure things like RTH
Hope this helped
Even though the AC update said 99% it still states my firmware is current in DJI Assistant 2 so I assume it worked. I upgraded the RC with the method you stated and it is now complete and reconnected to the drone. Thank you very much for that, you saved me a lot of headache!

Now to see if I have the new features.

Even though the AC update said 99% it still states my firmware is current in DJI Assistant 2 so I assume it worked. I upgraded the RC with the method you stated and it is now complete and reconnected to the drone. Thank you very much for that, you saved me a lot of headache!

Now to see if I have the new features.

No problem.
That's why we r all here to help cuz believe me
I need lots of help!

All seems well, all firmware now showing latest versions and new intelligent flight modes are present but won't get a chance to fly until tomorrow.

The IMU calibration process is quite intensive compared to how it was previously.

Just updated mine tonight. Same problem- stopped at 99%. So I just did what I did the last time and disconnected the wire, restarted everything and the system said it was updated with the latest firmware. Took it for a test flight with no problem. As for the controller... I updated that separately as I was notified to update by a message.

Side note- I find using my phone on my network to update the drone much faster than my iPad on wifi. It was lightening quick.

Next select update rc
Hope this helped
Mate you're a legend, had the same 99% migraine, followed your tips and it's looking good. Couple of cals to do and I'm off like a bride's wedding dress.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie