Tripod mode

Reaction score
I know it's available for the p4p too but havent been able to find any videos online. Can someone post a video or review of how good it is, especially if you can compare it to the mavic. I have a mavic coming on Monday but may sell and buy p4p. The tripod mode, if it's the same in terms of smoothness, would push me to favor the p4p.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I haven't seen any test video's with the tripod mode yet. will be interesting to see that, and more important to try it when we get our new birds !

Any updates on the result tripod mode in the p4p? Theres a done of videos on how incredible the mavic is in Tripod mode - inside! Curious of this
myself. I wonder if the sheer design of mavic, not having any real height to it in comparison to the phantom body/legs style have any effect?

I agree, I don't see why the mode would be any different. It simply slows down the movement of the drone.

Also, I just searched YouTube and found several videos demo'ing the tripod mode on the Phantom 4 pro.

I agree, I don't see why the mode would be any different. It simply slows down the movement of the drone.

Also, I just searched YouTube and found several videos demo'ing the tripod mode on the Phantom 4 pro.

Cool I will, the sensors on the bottom are the same which is what I understood is what helps it stay stable indoor for example as it is flown with gps setting. So I presume the P4P should be a setting if not more not that it has practically 360° of sensors to keep it fixed Position.

Cool I will, the sensors on the bottom are the same which is what I understood is what helps it stay stable indoor for example as it is flown with gps setting. So I presume the P4P should be a setting if not more not that it has practically 360° of sensors to keep it fixed Position.

The sensors on the sides of the Phantom have nothing to do with stability. They are collision avoidance only. GPS is the main and primary means of maintain stability. The VPS system on the bottom of the drone is secondary and can provide some stability if no GPS signal (again, GPS trumps VPS).

Tripod mode is simply a quick way to slow down the control inputs.

I always recommend not flying the Phantom indoors unless it something like a huge open warehouse.

Unfortunately, I don't have any footage with me right now (I'm at work), but from the few times I've tested it with my P4P, tripod mode seems to be just as smooth as steady as on the Mavic. I'm basing this on other footage I've seen, don't have my own Mavic to compare to directly. I'd also mention that you appear to be able to set expo settings independently for "Normal" mode and what the app refers to as "Gentle" which I'm assuming governs Tripod Mode and Beginner mode. Haven't tested this out yet, but I'm guessing you can really dial in those expo settings to get the exact level of smoothness you want.

The sensors on the sides of the Phantom have nothing to do with stability. They are collision avoidance only. GPS is the main and primary means of maintain stability. The VPS system on the bottom of the drone is secondary and can provide some stability if no GPS signal (again, GPS trumps VPS).

Tripod mode is simply a quick way to slow down the control inputs.

I always recommend not flying the Phantom indoors unless it something like a huge open warehouse.
Hmm i wonder if hypothetically you had 4 objects a set distance around all 4 sides of the P4 pro would it then use the collision avoidance as a form of stability :confused:

I know it's available for the p4p too but havent been able to find any videos online. Can someone post a video or review of how good it is, especially if you can compare it to the mavic. I have a mavic coming on Monday but may sell and buy p4p. The tripod mode, if it's the same in terms of smoothness, would push me to favor the p4p.

Good day,
Check out this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is a video with some tripod mode footage
Footage of DJI Phantom 4 Pro Tripod Mode

Reactions: JinForTheWin
Here is a video with some tripod mode footage
Footage of DJI Phantom 4 Pro Tripod Mode

Love it! As much as I want a p4p, mavic is so darn portable and my images have been very good. If I start to get more drone requests then I'll upgrade to a p4p.
cbb4811c39d60e5168f873bcba0b9cab.jpg

Guys, this what I mean. I suppose the P4P can do this just as precise: start watching at 5:39min - amazing! No gps!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyone experiencing camera issues when switching to tripod mode or other auto flight modes?
My P4P does not let me change camera settings when switching to or back from these modes. Landing and restarting the drone had the gimbal going up and down constantly and camera options still greyed out...
Using an iPad Mini 2 and a Sony Exceria micro sd!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic