Triple props

Reaction score
Hi all has any fitted the triple props to their phantom 3 drone? If so what's the performance like? Do you get more fly time? And does the battery last longer?? Cheers

This and similar prop questions are commonly asked here.

You will not see any benefit by using any props other than DJI OEM types.

You can search the site for the previous discussions.

More blades equal less efficiency. Flight characteristics are controlled/limited by the master controller so there is no benefit.

Numone it was a simple question no need to be a smart arse.
NO17RW thanks for your sensible reply

Reactions: N017RW
That may be the case but you could have said or put the link instead of your smart arse comments

That may be the case but you could have said or put the link instead of your smart arse comments
Sheesh. Ok... the point I was making was this Scottwillo...
You could've used the search facility, but you chose to be the lazy smart arse and get someone else to do the work for you. This subject has been discussed on countless occasions and had you used the facility available to all, you'd have found out that they're crap, thus avoiding an utterly pointless post. Now I'm done....

I didn't know it had been covered and it was a genuine question. Sorry but I still stand by you being a smart arse with your comments a simple "it's been covered before" with a link would have been fine but you had to go and make a comment that was unfounded. I only asked and if you were offended by my question you should have ignored my comment and walked on by.

Reactions: Twinscrollgt35r
You could've used the search facility, but you chose to be the lazy smart arse and get someone else to do the work for you. This subject has been discussed on countless occasions and had you used the facility available to all, you'd have found out that they're crap, thus avoiding an utterly pointless post. Now I'm done....

But yet you took the time to duplicate an answer already posted as opposed to simply skipping by the already answered question. What was the purpose in that?

Reactions: Twinscrollgt35r
But yet you took the time to duplicate an answer already posted as opposed to simply skipping by the already answered question. What was the purpose in that?
You have arguably inflamed this situation nicely, it's plain to see numone applied some sarcasm and humour in explaining that the consensus on this often addressed topic being that the tri-blades do not offer an advantage over the OEM offerings and a search may provide the opportunity to learn why.

Simply put, the addition of a blade to the prop (assuming similar airfoil design) will provide equal lift at lower RPM. The props may be subjectively quieter as tip speed will be eeduced. The downsides however are worth considering. Current draw will be higher for a given thrust, the ESC and fight controller will be operating outside the design parameters and the quality, particularly with respect to the integrity and performance of the hubs (likelihood of spinning off i flight), may be questionable.

Thank you for your comments with the birds. I will clearly think twice next time I come on here for some advice

Yes I always thought the forums were for help and advice but clearly there are other agendas I need to consider.
He answered your question but you didn't appreciate his tone but there's no need to go on and on about it.
It wasn't such a big deal - certainly not justifying 6 narky responses.
Maybe you need to stop being so oversensitive.

Reactions: N017RW
Was there any call for the attitude with his original answer??? I asked a reasonable question and got a smart arse reply. I won't bother anymore asking anything anymore in case I offend those who would prefer to answer sarcastically. Also I wasn't being over sensitive but I will not bother asking or commenting anymore and look on from afar.

Was there any call for the attitude with his original answer??? I asked a reasonable question and got a smart arse reply. I won't bother anymore asking anything anymore in case I offend those who would prefer to answer sarcastically. Also I wasn't being over sensitive but I will not bother asking or commenting anymore and look on from afar.
I now feel I must pass you the Kleenex!!

There's no need for the melodrama.
Ask all the questions you like and you get answers from all kinds of different members who may or may not use a tone you disapprove of.

Reactions: With The Birds
Yep - most online forums, not just this one, aren't usually good places to be for anyone of a sensitive nature, if indeed, you are (which I doubt).

In addition, a post that someone makes tongue-in-cheek and slightly humorously, and about which they roll around holding their sides as they hear themselves saying it in their head, often doesn't come across that way when it is posted. We have emoticons (smilies) to try and convey the spirit in which the post was intended, but sometimes (if used, which they weren't in this case) even that isn't enough.

But I agree - let's move on.....

Hopefully now getting back on track, having previously pored over many of the historical threads on this subject, I got the general idea that tri-blades or any other 'special' props are not really needed as the existing stock props do the job that they were designed to do very well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel