Traveling Cases for drones?

Reaction score
What does every one use for traveling cases for their DJI drones?
Are backpacks better or carrying cases?

Reactions: vipe1011
I use GoProfessional cases and have been VERY pleased with them. They aren't cheap but they protect your aircraft in all conditions. I've got one that has been sat on, stood on, fell off a boat in the Outer Banks, been through Hot & Cold and never allowed anything to happen to my aircraft. That's important when what's inside is very valuable.

I like Go Professional cases. While they are pricey, the quality and support is top notch.

If you'd like to see what else is available, check out my Phantom case/backpack library here.

KB-Best-Phantom-Cases.jpg

Reactions: BigAl07
I use cheap $40 cases. They protect well and I can replace them after two years if need arises but they are still ok.

Only negative is that they are not hard shell and should be carried as hand baggage if travelling by air.

I don’t see any point in spending huge money on them if they protect drones well.

i got a case that i can leave the props on but it's too big. I use the backpack now
I am thinking of getting this backpack for $99..
61IQ6i-%2BGhL._SL1100_.jpg

It depends what drone you have. If you have a quadcopter and like hard cases, I'd recommend the Pelican case, but I was eyeing the manfrotto backpack that can also carry a DSLR.

*GPC hard cases are also popular in the drone community.

* For a more affordable hard case, I'd recommend Case Club: case club phantom 4 | eBay

There are two notable Manfrotto backpacks that I was interested in:

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MB...id=1520022355&sr=8-4&keywords=manfrotto+drone

and

https://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-MB...id=1520022355&sr=8-2&keywords=manfrotto+drone

I bought a hardshell case for something like $30 - 35 on ebay last year. It does a really good job of protecting my Phantom, plus props, controller, accessories, and at least 3 batteries. Lots of pockets for other stuff too. The case I bought is actually one of the better quality hardshell cases that I've seen in that price range and it looks like a DJI knock-off. It would be nice to have a case that allowed me to leave the props attached but, I looked at that style case and felt that it was just too big to go hiking through woods, trails, etc. The hardshell was one of the best investments I've made. Affordable protection, easy to carry, and room for all the stuff I really need. Besides that, it's a lot better than lugging the Phantom around in the original DJI box like a buddy of mine still does.

I do use the lowepro droneguard cs400. Light material , space for drone with props on. Works for me! Backpack.

ofcourse the backpack. its more convenient and less hassle.
note: there's a backpack made for just drones ;)

Im looking for a hard case with wheels that i can bring on the flight. The dims for Southwest are 24x16x10.

The apecase. It has laptop pouch which secures the maxxrange and standard itelite very well. If only i knew where to get dust caps for the female coax ends on the antennas to keep the sharp end from poking fabric, the apecase is special, got second one

I made my own carrying case for quick grab-and-go with everything assembled including phone and spare battery. Used a small styrofoam cooler and modified it to secure everything and protect it. It sets behind car seat on floor with no chance of damage. Strap allows carrying with one hand which is good for short hikes.
2-16-2019.jpg

Attachments

• 2-16-2019.jpg
    2-16-2019.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 145
Our P4P+ came with a free ProFlight Ultimate Hardshell Drone Backpack. I doubt it's expensive.

It's been very good, compact, well-padded, and robust. It's tailor-made for the P4 range of drones. One of the zips is developing a potential weakness, sometimes "sticking" at one point.

Lowepro make impressive photography backpacks, so I would imagine their drone backpack is very good.

Despite my favourable comments about our free and probably inexpensive ProFlight backpack, I would usually advise anyone to get a quality case/backpack. This is especially important if your drone is a work tool.

I used to have a Nanuk 950 wheeled case for my P3S but sold it and now use a cheap boxy backpack style case that I got on Amazon. The Nanuk was an excellent case and I could keep my props on, but it was too heavy and bulky for what I do with my drone. The backpack is not as protective but I haven't had any problems so far. The only drawback is, I can't keep my props on. Right now, it's winter and in the cold weather it is a pain spinning on props and then removing them when finished flying especially with cold fingers, but it beats hauling a heavy bulky hard case around.

It really depends on what you mostly do with your drone and where you launch from that will determine what case is most suitable for you.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl