Travel Case for P4P and Display: Which is Better?

Reaction score
My wife will be taking her Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 on a trip to the Philippines in August and the backpack we bought just isn't working out. So she's thinking of going with one of the following options below:

This hard shell case:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014EQJY84/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

or this case that slips over the DJI foam case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...UTF8&psc=1&smid=AVBTXV1LLHT0Y#customerReviews

My concern about the hard shell case is that there might not be enough room for an 8" tablet, like Crystal Sky or a larger Android tablet. Also, are these small enough for airline carry on, including small regional airlines?

My wife will be taking her Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 on a trip to the Philippines in August and the backpack we bought just isn't working out. So she's thinking of going with one of the following options below:
My concern about the hard shell case is that there might not be enough room for an 8" tablet, like Crystal Sky or a larger Android tablet. Also, are these small enough for airline carry on, including small regional airlines?
Those cheap hard shell cases are very good.
They have a 33mm wide slot beside the drone that fits an 8.4 inch tablet
Any case for a Phantom will be too big for the smaller overhead storage in smaller planes
i-d3DPgpq-L.jpg

Like Meta4, I've got one of those hardshell cases for my P4 and I like it a lot. Great protection for not much money. The tablet slot in my case is a perfect fit for my 8.4" M3 Mediapad tablet, which may be the same tablet as Meta has. A word of caution, there are several versions of that case available with the foam insert designed to handle different versions of the Phantom. Be 100% sure the case you buy is actually pictured with your model Phantom and controller in the case. What I've seen some times is the case being sold has a foam insert designed for a different Phantom than the one described.

Reactions: Sussex_Drone
I use the manfrotto aviator backpack MB BP-D1 and I am able to fit my drone, rc, ipad pro 10.5, 3-4 batteries, dslr, laptop nd associated chargers with no issues. I have flown numerous times with it and it fit in an overhead bin very comfortably except for some smaller planes as previously mentioned.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Those cheap hard shell cases are very good.
They have a 33mm wide slot beside the drone that fits an 8.4 inch tablet
Any case for a Phantom will be too big for the smaller overhead storage in smaller planes
i-d3DPgpq-L.jpg
Yours looks like the hard shell case I linked above. So it does fit the larger tablet, that was a concern. I think I'll go with that, since the wife wants a hard shell case. We both think it offers better protection.

I use the manfrotto aviator backpack MB BP-D1 and I am able to fit my drone, rc, ipad pro 10.5, 3-4 batteries, dslr, laptop nd associated chargers with no issues. I have flown numerous times with it and it fit in an overhead bin very comfortably except for some smaller planes as previously mentioned.

I also have the Manfrotto, and can vouch for it being an awesome backpack. No wasted space, yet room for everything.

Reactions: Basspig
I have the Manfrotto D1 and can't fault it. It's an older bag that was actually designed for Phantom 2 and 3 but it fits my P4P V1 just fine. A year ago you'd be looking at £160 for the bag but it can now be had for under £100 (mine was £86) .
It fits my drone, four batteries (one in the drone) and all the cables and the RC, plus there's a compartment for a laptop and one for an iPad.

I have the Manfrotto D1 and can't fault it. It's an older bag that was actually designed for Phantom 2 and 3 but it fits my P4P V1 just fine. A year ago you'd be looking at £160 for the bag but it can now be had for under £100 (mine was £86) .
It fits my drone, four batteries (one in the drone) and all the cables and the RC, plus there's a compartment for a laptop and one for an iPad.
they updated the bag and the batteries fit in the battery sleeves

Take a look at th Vanguard AltaSky 45
It’s the only backpack that have everything we need onboard!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers