Transmission signal weak...GO App issue

Reaction score
Hi,
I started years ago with a P2 V+, then A P3A ( Still have), and Inspire 1.
Just bought a Phantom 3 Standard, used, only 3 flights for my son. I have an issue with "Transmission Signal Weak" message appearing as soon as I connect to the app, along with "Strong interference" message.
Have moved to a different location, same results.
I think its GO App related, because in the app, I don't see a "Wi-Fi" signal indicator at the top of screen, I see an "HD" strength meter...
I thought maybe my GO App was confusing the Phantom Standatd for my Inspire 1...so I uninstalled the app, and installed a new download...still have the same issue...
Any thoughts?

my nephew had the same issue with his and it had been flying fine in the area He dumped the app reloaded it and it still had the issue he then told me he updated the app to 3.1.10 I suggested he load the app from another version you can do that with these APK files he got his working again with a later version DJI GO APK 3.1.8 - download free apk from APKSum

I've tried installing 2 earlier versions like you suggested, they each required me to update my app from either the website. Or the app store...maybe I'm not going back far enough...anyone know which version I can download without the app forcing me to update?

@ToledoJDF,
I think @epicdoom is giving you information about Android, and your using IOS?

Rod

@ToledoJDF,
I think @epicdoom is giving you information about Android, and your using IOS?

Rod
No, it's Android, it downloads, installs, opens and when the equipment page opens , there is a black window telling me I need to update to the latest revision, giving me a choice of downloading from DJI's website or from Playstore, and it will not allow me to proceed without choosing one of the other...
I have loaded 3 versions, including the oldest on the list, and all 3 have done the same thing. I have cleared my phones prgram file memory, and temp files, to prevent anything from prior versions causing me to have to update, and so I'm working on the it be direction...I had version 3.1.10 when I started.
Does anyone know what the optimal version is?
Thanks

my nephew had the same issue with his and it had been flying fine in the area He dumped the app reloaded it and it still had the issue he then told me he updated the app to 3.1.10 I suggested he load the app from another version you can do that with these APK files he got his working again with a later version DJI GO APK 3.1.8 - download free apk from APKSum
Well, I've tried every version up to my original 3.1.1 version, and can't run it either, so now I will have to go to the latest version. DJI has done something to prevent these earlier versions from being installed and run.

Anybody having any luck with the latest version, or am I screwed?

Other than the warnings in GO, are you able to get the full range from your P3S? There are a lot of posts around this topic, and it seems most people just ignore the warnings with no consequences.
As for DJI requiring a recent version of GO, I think it all started when they had the infamous issue of the Home Point being recorded incorrectly (it was something like a couple miles from actual), causing a lot of fly-aways.

I've been experimenting with different versions of the app as well as different tablets, all Android. The earliest version I have found that works without limiting distance and altitude is 3.1.6. I have auto update apps turned off in the play store, and always force stop the app when done flying so it doesn't "phone home" when the tablet reconnects to my home wifi. I also clear the app cache (not data) after the initial log in to DJI, and do the same if the video starts to get glitchy or laggy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl