transmission loss

T

tightlines

hello all first post on the forum.
I've had my p3s for a couple of months now still learning no flying to far,took it to the beach on saturday to take pictures of a light house about 70m away all good,took it out to a new area on a field and had a transmission loss no picture on the screen and RTH kicked in got signal back about 5m from me so landed it myself.
after some thought when i got home had a quick look on here and read various possibilities what it could be not sure if any was a cause,whist i was looking at the flight logs on the map i noticed something near by and I've seen the same thing from the main road a quick look over with google maps there is a aircraft beacon about 500m from where i was flying would this cause the transmission failure?also i didn't have my sd card in would that be a problem also?
hope this makes sense
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
bit of an update took it out this morning to a different place and flew no problem well apart from a sparrow which wanted to fight it

Welcome to the forum!
No sd wouldn't cause it but your pictures and videos would look kind of. :rolleyes:

Aircraft beacon?
Beacon is a light to me, if it some kind radio antennas, I would say yes, that could be factor, many other things can cause interference. Could this actually been a signal for ships since it is close to a lighthouse.
Just curious,

Rod

I think you need some more testing.

thanks for the reply,i wasn't on the beach this time just afield a few mile in land this is what i can see when i go on another road and was about 500 m from the field hopefully going to take it out today where i first took it when i got it,if that goes well it must be the beacon?
radio-beacon-vor-ground-station-aviation-airport-47286216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj