Transfer Photo and Video to iPhone Issue

Reaction score
Hello all, new Vision owner, and new to the forum. I have been reading and learning much here.
But my first post will be a question.

Everything has been going great, I've followed the advice, and the manual, and after numerous flights I'm getting very comfortable taking off, flying, and landing. I'm surprised how easy landing is. At least in GPS.

Anyway, the one issue I have been having is transferring photos and video to my iPhone 6 with the Vision app. I just get the spinning ball on a grey screen.
The same with an iPad Mini. Though it works fine with an old iPhone 4. I would use the old phone as a dedicated viewer, but it will only accept 720P video, and the larger screen , and better outdoor viewing of the iPhone 6 is nice.
I have checked the privacy settings, and the DJI app is set to on. Funny though, if I turn it off I can now see whats on the card, but it won't transfer as I get a message to turn on the app in privacy settings.

I have uninstalled the app, the reinstalled it.
All three IOS devices are fully updated, though the old iPhone 4 can only update to IOS 7, the two that won't transfer files are on IOS 8.

My guess, is, it's something Apple changed in the WiFi protocol and DJI needs to make a update for it.

Does anyone else see this?
Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Dave.

I found that my Iphone 4 wouldn't let me transfer files, that was on IOS6, it just said something like video format not supported.

I upgraded from iPhone 5 to a 6 plus and files are transferring ok. I have a phantom vision with all the latest software updates. Not helpful to you but it does work.

That's good info, knowing it works on a 6Plus gives me hope for my 6.
I tried the "Ask To Join Networks ", but no change.
I think the iPhone 4 won't transfer above 720P
Good thought on the number of apps, my iPhone 4 has almost no apps, and the iPhone 6 has many. So maybe an app changed a setting.
I'll keep digging.
Thanks.

Did you go into settings on your iPhone and make sure the DJI Vision app can access your photos.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420730260.631160.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420730260.631160.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,050
dirkclod said:
gcbuss said:
Did you go into settings on your iPhone and make sure the DJI Vision app can access your photos.
Not sure about the others but when mine is set like that all I get is the spinning wheel when trying to get photo's but when I switch it off they will show up on phone but not save to album :(

The access to photos can be switched on and off in "Settings/DJI" or "Prvacy/Photos " turning it on and off in one changes the other.

Mines the same, with the setting on, I just get the Gray screen with the spinning ball. With it off I can view the photos and video, but the transfer fails because of no access to photos.

dirkclod said:
I just did a total reset on my mini and just downloaded the DJI App and now it works again :? It has to be an app I had downloaded that caused me not to beable to get my pictures through app.
I will start adding the apps I like to use 1 at a time and then try and get a photo and see what app messed this up.

Thanks, that's encouraging. I may have to do the same.

Dave

Also something to keep in mind - the 1080 60i video setting on the P2V camera is incompatible with Apple devices. That setting records "interleaved" video, while iPads & iPhones only support progressive video formats. If you shoot in this mode, it won't play back on - or even transfer to - an Apple device. You'd have to use some video software to convert it to a supported format first.

Well, the new app update has fixed the photo transfer issue, for me anyway. It all works as it should, very handy.

But now, like many, the new update crashes a lot, and always when the gimbal is tilted in either direction. Hope they patch that soon.

So, after the IOS app update I reported that I could now transfer photos and video through the app to my iPhone 6. But had a new problem, that many others have seen too. The app would crash every time I moved the gimbal. Very frustrating! It looks like there is a camera firmware update for plus owners, but not P2V owners yet.

Luckily I found the previous app version on my computer, and reinstalled it to my iPhone. The crashing is now gone, and the photo and video transfer works now! No idea what changed, but so far, so good. Also the update to the range extender that allowed the phone to be on 3G while also on the Phantom WIFI network stayed intact, so OK results from a messed up update.

Has anyone found a definitive solution for the video transfer to an ISO 8 device. I am using an Iphone 6 + fully updated.

I thought I was transferring videos at one point, then after about a half hour, the app reported "card full." At first I thought it was because the phone memory was full. After trying it again, I believe that I was transferring from the copter's memory card to the copter's memory card. Either way all I had was an empty folder in my list on my phone of photos taken.

I was wondering if anyone has solved this issue? I saw a post on DJI's website where they noted it was the app, and they were working on a solution - that was in December of last year.

I haven't tried to lower the video quality to 720P yet, but that was going to be my next solution.

I am open to all possible fixes :cool:

Thanks,
Mark

Hi all, so I adjusted the camera settings within the app. to record at 720 and no dice.

The procedure seems so straightforward - tap the video you want then tap start. I found a different way ( I tapped directly on the video instead of selecting it) and the video progress bar was at the bottom of the screen instead of the top as it had done before, and I thought that I had figured it out.

Once again after waiting for a half hour or so I got memory card full for both attempts. It's entirely possible that I am doing something wrong... I've attached three screen shots of what's happening. I was hoping someone can advise me further.

I only had one 15 minute video on the 4gb card - so if it was that it was transferring from the card to the card there should still be room to for a second copy.

Who has had success w/ an Iphone 6 plus in transferring videos to their phone???

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_5783.PNG
    IMG_5783.PNG
    924.5 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_5785.PNG
    IMG_5785.PNG
    644.8 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_5786.PNG
    IMG_5786.PNG
    643.3 KB · Views: 616
What GB is your phone ? It says card full...do ya have other stuff on it ?
I don't understand why you just download onto your PC ?
I can see downloading a few pictures but a 15 minute video to your phone ?

Hi again, the phone is 16gb. I see you're point about having a big video on my phone.

At this point, I was hoping to just have some video, not necessarily a large one - having a video on my phone would also be nice for posting to social media on the fly. I am downloading straight from the card to my pc w/out issue.

I am wondering if it's me or the actual app...? I am confused as to why it appears (see screen shots) as though when I go to transfer the video, it refers to memory card as opposed to phone memory or destination folder full... This is what has lead me to believe that it's an app issue as opposed to my procedures.

I was hoping someone who has had continual success with downloading to an IOS 8 device could weigh in - so I can verify it actually does work. I read some talking about enabling assistive touch...? I don't understand that part or how it relates to my issue.

Thanks all,
Mark

I have to have assistive touch on to use the screen recorder app I use sometimes but never heard of having to have it on to do what you're wanting on your phone .
I just have a 4s phone with 8.1.3 and it's working great . I do just grab pictures from my card and have a few short video's to show someone how it works but I have never seen that show up like you .

Thanks for the info.

So procedurally when transferring the video are you tapping the video you want, and then getting the blue bar as it uploads to your phone?

I am curious to know if your process looks like the pictures I included. Is the status bar on yours on the top or the bottom of the screen while you are transferring? Does the top of screen have SD CARD when you're transferring video?

Thanks,
Mark

Give me a moment.. Here's what I just got . I just took a video and then clicked to album and it popped up . There was a arrow where the x is and I clicked it and it started transferring . Then the next screenshot is where it was done and it was saved to my photo's . Hope that helps ya .

Attachments

• IMG_2993.PNG
    IMG_2993.PNG
    480.7 KB · Views: 640
  • IMG_2995.PNG
    IMG_2995.PNG
    490.2 KB · Views: 792
Hi, thank you. I took shorter videos and they transferred to my phone w/ out any issues. I found that I could transfer them in two ways and one way the transfer progress showed at the bottom of the screen as your screen shots show. I also found that I could do it another way and the video upload progress showed at the top of my screen. Either way seemed to load the videos on my phone.

Thanks so much for your help!!! :)

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4