Transfer 720p video from iPad to Windows 10PC

Reaction score
Having lost Kitty my P3p and despite help from this forum I have not found it yet. One more try next week. The problem I have now is that I was making video of my club mates on a 4x4 trip. That video footage is of course on the SD card in lost Kitty. But I still have the footage recorded in 720p on my iPad 3 Mini. Which is adequate for my needs. The problem is I have not been able to transfer the 720 video's on my ipad to my Windows 10 PC for integrating into a slide show of the event. Can anybody guide me in this process? Thanking you all in advance.

You can use a number of different programs:
iFunBox is free, iPhoneBackupExtractor and Wondershare Dr Phone toolkit have demo modes. There are others, just google "recover iPhone photo"

Reactions: ravedog
The iPad has the ability to save your video through the share sheet into third party apps. If you have Dropbox app installed for instance, you can save it there and then pick it up in your PC.

Thank you ravedog and daveism all that information most useful and comprehensive. I will work my way through that. Meantime I have found that if I take a clip from the video within the DJI Go App of 6sec up to a 60 sec, which is what I want to do anyway, I can then, under the share system, email it to myself, extract it from my email and then use it in my Proshow Producer slide show amongst all the stills I took of the event. Thanks again.

If you use messages or mail it will recompress it and make it smaller for transport. It’s not the original. Look into using third party file apps that will utilize the original.

If it’s on your camera roll it’s original. Share from camera roll to a third party file app. Like google drive or Dropbox or anything like that. Also if it’s in your camera roll you can login to iCloud.com and grab it from your PC there and download it. That’s if you have photos turned on in iCloud.

Reactions: Bennaman
The trick with iOS is knowing which method uses the original and which method will make a compressed copy. Generally the rule is when you share a piece of media to there via mail or messages or Instagram or social media, iOS will make a smaller copy to reduce transmit time and size. When you transfer to another file system it’s the same as the original.

Thanks for all those hints. In my own little way I now have control of the problem. If you search YouTube
“Clean up oz 2018 Terry Clark” you will see some of Kitty’s work and the area of her demise.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20