Tranfering video from my Phantom 4 Pro to my PC?

Reaction score
I just got the first video from my new Phantom 4 Pro, but I have no idea where to start in tranferring video from my SD card to my computer. I recorded in a 4K, raw+jpeg format. I have a powerful enough computer with 64gb of RAM, and a 16 core AMD Threadripper CPU, but I just don't know where to start. The DJI Assistant 2 app has been of no help. Thank you in advance.

but I have no idea where to start in tranferring video from my SD card to my computer.
Use a Micro to Standard SD card adapter and plug it right in to the SD card slot in the PC.

Reactions: Ripper7620
You can find these even in grocery stores......

SD adapter.PNG

Use a Micro to Standard SD card adapter and plug it right in to the SD card slot in the PC.
Thank you, I did that, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Drop Box said the SD card was empty, but I'm watching the footage on my iPad right now.

My computer doesn't have an SD card slot, so I tried using a USB card reader, and even tried going straight from the Phantom controller.

Going from the controller wont do it. You can go from the Aircraft however. Not sure what the heck drop box has to do with anything. If you actually read the card and it was truely empty then you have no footage. Whatever you are watching on your IPAD are not original recordings, they are much lower resolution.

The SD card is much like a flash drive. It is basically plug and play. You copy and save files in the same manner as a flash drive.

Going from the controller wont do it. You can go from the Aircraft however. Not sure what the heck drop box has to do with anything. If you actually read the card and it was truely empty then you have no footage. Whatever you are watching on your IPAD are not original recordings, they are much lower resolution.
I definately have footage recorded on the SD card, the display was affirming this as I was recording.

I definately have footage recorded on the SD card, the display was affirming this as I was recording.
If that is the case, then the USB adapter should work just fine. You just need to open the drive to see the drive to see the contents. Before I go farther, let me make sure I have this correct. You removed the SD card from the Aircraft, correct? Then you put the Micro card from the Aircraft in the SD card adapter, correct? Then you plugged the SD card in to a USB SD adapter, correct? What was your next step?

If that is the case, then the USB adapter should work just fine. You just need to open the drive to see the drive to see the contents. Before I go farther, let me make sure I have this correct. You removed the SD card from the Aircraft, correct? Then you put the Micro card from the Aircraft in the SD card adapter, correct? Then you plugged the SD card in to a USB SD adapter, correct? What was your next step?
Yes on all counts, from there I was waiting for a promt, and looked for the device in file explorer, but the card reader did not show up.

from there I was waiting for a promt, and looked for the device in file explorer, but the card reader did not show up.
That sounds more like a hardware issue with the USB reader or the USB port more than anything else. Did you try a different USB port? And I can only assume that these ports are USB 2 or USB 3. Anything slower than that may not recognize the device. As I said, you can try directly from the Aircraft, but it is also USB, so if there is a port issue that will not work either.

That sounds more like a hardware issue with the USB reader or the USB port more than anything else. Did you try a different USB port? And I can only assume that these ports are USB 2 or USB 3. Anything slower than that may not recognize the device. As I said, you can try directly from the Aircraft, but it is also USB, so if there is a port issue that will not work either.
Thank you very much, I got it to work in google drive and it's beautiful footage, much better than my DJI Mavic Pro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic