Trackimo Model Question

Reaction score
I see there is a TRK010 and a TRKM010. Does anyone know the difference? Do all come with WiFi and Bluetooth tracking as well as cellular?

The TRK and TRKM are both 3G. I'm trying to determine other differences.
Does yours have WiFi and Bluetooth tracking when in close proximity?

I see there is a TRK010 and a TRKM010. Does anyone know the difference?
Trackimo currently sells two models. They don't list the model numbers on their website, so I'm not sure why some sellers have different numbers (maybe a typo?). The older model only connects via 2G and the newest model connects via 3G/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi.

Here are a few places where you can purchase a Trackimo tracker:
You can find all of Trackimos trackers on their website here.

The TRK and TRKM are both 3G. I'm trying to determine other differences.
Does yours have WiFi and Bluetooth tracking when in close proximity?

I didn't realise that I do until msinger posted
Great trackers though.
Others have set ranges whereas Trackimo can find your drone on the other side of the world.
Well worth the money considering the cost of a drone.

I thought it was shut down in the US??
According to Wikipedia:

"Various carriers have made announcements that 2G technology in the United States is in the process of being shut down so that carriers can reclaim those radio bands and re-purpose them for newer technologies (e.g. 4G LTE). AT&T's 2G GSM service was shut down in January 2017. This shutdown had a notable impact on the electronic security industry, where many 2G GSM radios were in use for alarm signal communication to central station dispatch centers. 2G GSM radios were required to be replaced by newer generation radios to avoid service outages. Verizon plans to shut down its 2G CDMA 1X network by 31 December 2019. Whereas, T-Mobile US has postponed shutdown of their 2G network until 2020."

According to Wikipedia:

"Various carriers have made announcements that 2G technology in the United States is in the process of being shut down so that carriers can reclaim those radio bands and re-purpose them for newer technologies (e.g. 4G LTE). AT&T's 2G GSM service was shut down in January 2017. This shutdown had a notable impact on the electronic security industry, where many 2G GSM radios were in use for alarm signal communication to central station dispatch centers. 2G GSM radios were required to be replaced by newer generation radios to avoid service outages. Verizon plans to shut down its 2G CDMA 1X network by 31 December 2019. Whereas, T-Mobile US has postponed shutdown of their 2G network until 2020."

Thanks for that.
I thought it was gone completely like here.
Unfortunately there was no 3G model available when I bought mine.
I'm just hoping that Aus keeps 3G going now they're releasing 5G internet and phones here

Thank You!

Crutchfield seems to have the best price.

Trackimo currently sells two models. They don't list the model numbers on their website, so I'm not sure why some sellers have different numbers (maybe a typo?). The older model only connects via 2G and the newest model connects via 3G/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi.

Here are a few places where you can purchase a Trackimo tracker:
You can find all of Trackimos trackers on their website here.

I've talked with one of their customer support and got the information that:
only websites that contains trackimo are their official/approved resellers. Examples are:
Australia Trackimo - Personal Tracking device, Global Coverage inc SIM Card.
EU Trackimo GPS Tracker
Germany Trackimo™
South Africa Trackimo - Your Personal GPS Locator
Japan 世界標準のGPS、TRACKIMO(トラッキモ)

By the way, trackimo.com is their main website, and store.trackimo.com is their ecommerce website.

The reason why they mentioned approved sellers is because if you buy any trackimo device on amazon or ebay or any sites not affiliated with trackimo, there is a possibility that they'll sell you 2G instead of the 3G, or they might sell you a used device, thus has either no warranty or have no more "1 year free subscription".

Another reason they gave why it's better to buy directly to Trackimo website is because if the device or battery is broken or need a replacement, they can offer a replacement device. Whereas if it's via amazon or any other websites not affiliated with Trackimo, you'll have to contact amazon or ebay or wherever site you've purchase the device to facilitate a replacement since Trackimo doesn't handles any replacement for device not bought from them directly nor bought from any of their official resellers.

Their analogy for this is similar to buying an iphone or nikkon cameras or cannon cameras:
"Where you bought it, you go there to have it fix or replaced or have the warranty extended."

Also, here's one way to know if the tracker you've bought is 2G or 3G:
2G Trackimo's have a 7 digit Device ID starting with either a 1: 1xxxxxx
2G Trackimo Mini tracker have 9 digits starting with a 2: 2xxxxxxxx
3G Trackimo's have a 9 digit Device ID starting with a 3: 3xxxxxxxx

These info can be found in one of the threads here. I've also verified this with actual devices and with their customer support.

Exxxcccuuusssseee Meeee!

I had a valid question before I made a $149 purchase. Not good enough for you?

Ah! Somehow my post got cross threaded.
It was in reply to CodeMcLaugh on another Trackimo thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20