check this out- 3 km range- no service fees-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHxYG86e5E0[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWmqoVHHgMA[/youtube]

and

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6f3yIsSOo[/youtube]

and this-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LpdnUqmhQs[/youtube]

thinking about this- we could potentially locate a lost drone also by using a directional patch/panel or helical 2.4ghz antenna and scanning a general area where we guess a drone is lost with this directional antenna and when the video returns that would be the general direction of where the drone is.. could that not work too?

Have any Aussies tried the TK 102 B tracker, with a Telstra long life sim? My tracker arrived today, I've activated the Telstra sim, but now Telstra have sent me a Pin number to unlock it on the phone. That could be a problem, as of course tracker doesent work with an activation code, so any advice would be appreciated.

I went the AT&T GoPhone route and the SIM that came with it didn't have the PIN activated. I've read if the ISP sets a PIN, stick the SIM in a phone and go to Settings to disable the PIN, then stick it back in the tracker and it should work fine. I also had to call AT&T to turn off voicemail as my TK-102B needed an extra ring or two before picking up.

iDrone

Ok, I have done all that. Tracker now stays on green, but no flashing, which according to the manual means that it is not receiving GPS or mobile signals. The tower is within sight and mobiles work fine from here, so I have no idea what the problem is now. Have any other Australians had success with Telstra SIMs?

Fi-Li-Fi tracker arrived today and as expected it is indeed a tk102, it uses all the same commands as the tk102.

Not read all of this topic however incase its not already known text "smslinkone123456" and this will link to google maps

So dont waste your money buy a tk102

Sorry man... I feel a bit guilty. Can you not send it back?
And. Can you see what type of battery is it using?

NEILS said:
Fi-Li-Fi tracker arrived today and as expected it is indeed a tk102, it uses all the same commands as the tk102.

Not read all of this topic however incase its not already known text "smslinkone123456" and this will link to google maps

thank you for the information

Noël said:
Sorry man... I feel a bit guilty. Can you not send it back?
And. Can you see what type of battery is it using?

Dont be Noel honest its fine, yes it cost a bit more but its good to find these things out, wait till you see where its getting fitted ;)
The battery is a bl-5b so i assume its what comes with the tk102, they have removed the black plug on the pcb and wired a lead direct.

NEILS said:

thanks for sharing- sorry for the more expensive 'mistake'- the advantage you have is it's already stripped down' to lower its weight- any ideas anyone on how to do the same (strip it down) with a new tk102? just received my tk102b but not seeing any screws or anyway to remove the main casing etc...

theSelf said:
NEILS said:

thanks for sharing- sorry for the more expensive 'mistake'- the advantage you have is it's already stripped down' to lower its weight- any ideas anyone on how to do the same (strip it down) with a new tk102? just received my tk102b but not seeing any screws or anyway to remove the main casing etc...
internals
atFlxd7lPAgnOWg0YLoasexwFpXrtWiTP9VF7TEP3hE=w150-h89-p-no

omMTCIK8_goCq5m5m1pkk0xiRmfOSDjemMXm01_7Nto=w150-h105-p-no

connector is part of plastic shell. best to solder a new connector.
unit weighs 56 grams. battery weighs 18 grams,

Works well for the cost. Mines activated with H20 wireless and it's performing perfect.

(pictures are of one I found that someone else dismantled)

Here's my Lo-Fi add-ons for finding a lost Vision.

• Keyringer - 300ft range, flashes and emits loud beep. 2 year battery life.

• Getterback - locator for sunken Vision. Float plus 100ft line.

Rescue_Kit.jpg

The Getterback sits nicely and pretty firm on one of the legs,
using the velcro strap supplied. I don't plan on having this on all the time.
Just when I cowboy up and fly over water.

The keyfinder looks like it would sit quite nicely on the underbelly,
with the double sided tape provided, and probably some extra tape
over the top for insurance.

Rescue_Kit_Option02.jpg
Rescue_Kit_Option01.jpg

Nice! If you want a fixing solution that enables you to take it off and on easily without re-doing tape you could use the same as I have to attach a Flytrex: 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips. Like velcro on steroids and removeable without residue on both aircraft and locator... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014C ... d_i=507846

I tried a couple of the TK models from amazon and several SIMS and couldnt get it to respond. In the end I decided to go with the Garmin GTU 10. I know its discontinued in a year or more, but I figured its a great stop gap and I dont have to worry about decoding chinese manuals.I figured with the popularity of these drones, somebody will invent something better in a year or two. It works great....I have the tracking app on when I fly on my tablet. I also bought a mount that was designed and 3d printed for the phantom. Roughly 58 grams total... Pics below

Attachments

• 20140210_191145_resized.jpg
    20140210_191145_resized.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 607
  • 20140210_191152_resized.jpg
    20140210_191152_resized.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 613
  • 20140210_191224_resized.jpg
    20140210_191224_resized.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 626
eculuke: how does it perform with the weight all on one leg? How much did the increased weight effect your flight time?
The tk102b I received had English instruction and worked 1st try with h20 sim. We have ordered two more

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT